Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

Sexy PS3 Bundle Coming

People who think electronics are "sexy" need counseling. :rolleyes: I know it's a figure of speech, but it's very silly and it always irks me when I see it.

Anyways, with blue ray winning, me just buying a big 1080p LCD, and the impending need for at least an upscaling DVD player I might actually be able to swallow my pride and buy a PS3, but even then it won't be until they bring back backwards compatibility in some form. I've got too many old games that I like, but I don't want both consoles out in the living room.

People who think electronics are "sexy" need counseling. :rolleyes: I know it's a figure of speech, but it's very silly and it always irks me when I see it.

Anyways, with blue ray winning, me just buying a big 1080p LCD, and the impending need for at least an upscaling DVD player I might actually be able to swallow my pride and buy a PS3, but even then it won't be until they bring back backwards compatibility in some form. I've got too many old games that I like, but I don't want both consoles out in the living room.

I understand what you're saying (and I hope they bring back backwards compatibility too since I have a PS1, but not PS2), but honestly...an LCD TV has plenty of connections and a PS2 and PS3 don't take up that much space...you can place the PS3 on top of the PS2, or just stand them both up vertically :P

holy cow this is what iv been waiting for I will be picking one of these up the day it comes out infact im calling game stores right now to see if i cant pre order

I understand what you're saying (and I hope they bring back backwards compatibility too since I have a PS1, but not PS2), but honestly...an LCD TV has plenty of connections and a PS2 and PS3 don't take up that much space...you can place the PS3 on top of the PS2, or just stand them both up vertically :P

Can't stack on top of the new 'slim' PS2. CD tray opens upwards. And running them vertically won't work because I don't have the room in my entertainment center.

Honesty, more than anything it's about keeping the area looking "nice". When I was in college, I thought it was awesome to have every console known to man spread about my living room. However, I now prefer my room to look more "classy" :P

http://www.destructoid.com/mgs4-ps3-bundle...ity-72509.phtml

According to this article it has BC. I believe the 80GB models have a 70% BC with PS2 games. I still don't get the whole need of backwards compatibility, when I think of a new console it means new games. Not a machine to play old games on.

I own a Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS1, and PS2. I have never played any of the old games on the newer system ever. That includes all of the old school games that you can get on the Wii. Seriously you guys like all these old games, that you maybe only play on a fling for one to two hours and never touch it again for months. Just donate all your old consoles and games to charity for goodness sakes.

Edited by Krazyxazn

http://www.destructoid.com/mgs4-ps3-bundle...ity-72509.phtml

According to this article it has BC. I believe the 80GB models have a 70% BC with PS2 games. I still don't get the whole need of backwards compatibility, when I think of a new console it means new games. Not a machine to play old games on.

I own a Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS1, and PS2. I have never played any of the old games on the newer system ever. That includes all of the old school games that you can get on the Wii. Seriously you guys like all these old games, that you maybe only play on a fling for one to two hours and never touch it again for months. Just donate all your old consoles and games to charity for goodness sakes.

And what about people who don't own a PS1 and/or PS2, but would like to catch up on some games? Just take the MGS series, for example. Arguably the most anticipated PS3 game is MGS4. For those that didn't play the first three, don't you think they may be interested?

If you missed MGS 1-3 something is already wrong with you ^^. I mean if MGS 1-3 never got you excited enough to buy a PS1 or PS2, I don't see why that person would want to play MGS 1-3 if they are going to buy 4.

You can just read up the storyline on the net and your done. I mean a bunch of the people who play World of Warcraft, never even touched a game before that. They never played Warcraft 1-3. I only played 3 and 3 expansion. Yet I still know quite a bit of the lore, because I read.

Edited by Krazyxazn

If you missed MGS 1-3 something is already wrong with you ^^. I mean if MGS 1-3 never got you excited enough to buy a PS1 or PS2, I don't see why that person would want to play MGS 1-3 if they are going to buy 4.

You can just read up the storyline on the net and your done. I mean a bunch of the people who play World of Warcraft, never even touched a game before that. They never played Warcraft 1-2. I only played 3 and 3 expansion. Yet I still know quite a bit of the lore, because I read.

I understand what you're saying, but not everyone is so intent on only playing new games like yourself. I own a PS1, but never got a PS2 (there wasn't a point when my roommate had an xbox and my best friend had a ps2 and gamecube). I never played any of the MGS games, but if I were to buy a PS3, I'd most definitely play MGS4. Would I go back and play the previous three? I don't know. But I'd like the option to.

The current 80GB Ps3 has Emulation backwards compatibility. the 40GB has Nothing. You can even go to the playstation website and search for any game and see if it is supported in the software emulation.

I own a Wii, Xbox, PS2, PS1, Gamecube, N64, TG16, SNES and NES, and I go back to play old games all the time. Play them through to the end, not just for an hour or two. I play new games all the way through as well. But the reason I go back and play the old games is because a lot of the new stuff that comes out these days seems more focused on looking pretty than on the whole reason (at least for me) for games: fun. If a game is fun to play and looks pretty, then it's that much better, but looking pretty will never triumph over fun for me.

And on that note backwards compatibility is very important to me, because like Verran, I like to have a neat and organised entertainment center without a ton of wires and consoles all over the place. Everything N64 to NES on my list is played by emulation on my PC, with the consoles stored in the attic. PS1 and Gamecube games are played on the consoles that support them.

So the BC on the 80GB draws me in since it would give me a next gen video player and replace the PS2 on my shelf. Though I'd prefer it came unbundled as I don't care about MGS4. I loved MGS, but was so disappointed with MGS2 I never bothered with 3 and won't with 4.