Sign in to follow this  
suchuwato

Storage Bench Thread

Was discussed a while ago, let's actually get a proper one going this time...

Use HDtach and run the 32mb zone test on your selected drive. Then post a screenie and drive type in this thread.

2 x Hitachi p7k500 500gb in raid-0 using Gigabyte SATA controller.

post-8314-1203883085_thumb.png

hdtachtc4.png

4x Hitachi T7k250 250GB

RAID-5 (nVidia 680i onboard RAID)

Linux SMP [email protected] was running Priority:Low in two instances of VMWare/Ubuntu... it might explain the somewhat erratic performance...

Just a note....this software only runs on Windows 2000 or XP, if you have Vista it won't work.

Wrong, ran fine on vista, here's a SS to prove it (btw old test and not valid for the thread, but tis good for the proof)

4x Hitachi T7k250 250GB

RAID-5 (nVidia 680i onboard RAID)

Linux SMP [email protected] was running Priority:Low in two instances of VMWare/Ubuntu... it might explain the somewhat erratic performance...

What a way to run bechmarks with folding running? :glare: That does not even make sense....

Wrong, ran fine on vista, here's a SS to prove it (btw old test and not valid for the thread, but tis good for the proof)

The version of HDTach you used was v.3-0-1-0 (older I believe). The one I downloaded from the link provided is v.3-0-4-0 and I get the message that it only supports 2000 and XP.

I should also mention that it states that in the readme.

Edited by TechFreak

What a way to run bechmarks with folding running? :glare: That does not even make sense....

No lol... it doesn't make sense... but I couldn't be bothered to stop [email protected] for a hard drive bench lol... also RAID-5 on 680i nvRaid isn't exactly the best setup :lol:

The version of HDTach you used was v.3-0-1-0 (older I believe). The one I downloaded from the link provided is v.3-0-4-0 and I get the message that it only supports 2000 and XP.

I should also mention that it states that in the readme.

It states that in the v.3-0-1-0 readme aswell, but here's a SS from my laptop that I just took...

It states that in the v.3-0-1-0 readme aswell, but here's a SS from my laptop that I just took...

hmmm..................very odd

Well, I've tried a few different things and still no go. If someone who is using Vista Ultimate could give this a try I would appreciate it.

Edited by TechFreak

I was on ultimate x64 with the old version just a little fyi.

I guess I'll post based on where HDDs are ATM, main rig scores:

680i on board ports:

SATA Seagate 500GB 7200.11 32mb cache

SATA Seagate 250GB 7200.10 16mb

LAN Rig:

P965 Onboard (ICH8R):

SATA WD 200GB JD 8mb

Server:

Onboard NF4 Ultra:

SATA Seagate 40GB 7200.9 2mb #1

SATA Seagate 40GB 7200.9 2mb #2

SiI3132:

SATA Seagate 320GB 7200.10 16mb x 2 RAID 1

I have a few ATA 100 drives in the server but as of now I'm having benching issues, here's one of the tests:

NF4U_ATA100_160GB_WD_2.png

The same drive in windows is actually transfering slow as crap now as well. So i guess ill have to do the unthinkable and restart the server :lol: (if that last image doesnt display, guess what, server's down with me "fixing" it.)