Sign in to follow this  
Regicide

Westinghouse Moniters... any good?

I've been thinking about getting this monitor off of Newegg... It costs $259.99 plus $15.31 shipping. Or I could get this monitor for $291.99 at Target. It's 2 inches bigger, but has one less MS (It's 5, compared to Samsungs 6). I work at Target so I could be getting a 10% discount... The Westinghouse would end up being cheaper.

Is that worth the loss in MS? I've read that I need > 16ms to avoid ghosting... but the Samsung is supposedly a "gaming" monitor and it's only 6ms...

Any advice?

1ms will make no difference whatsoever......get the 22", it bigger, cheaper and the contrast ratio +brightness are the same.

p.s it is <16 ms, ie less is better so both will be fine

Edited by Comp Dude2

I guess it's decided then... :D

so it's LESS than 16ms? I thought... I thought more was better? I must've read it wrong. Thank you for clearing that up for me! :)

16ms you may not notice ghosting, anything under 8ms you shouldnt at all. I dont even think they make monitors that slow anymore.

If you still haven't hit the order button, I'd recommend the Samsung 216BW. I own one and I can safely say that it's one amazing monitor. Cheaper than the westinghouse and only .4" smaller, though you really can't tell that when comparing it to other 22" panels unless you whip out the old ruler.

Sorry to say it but westinghouse is absolute junk, i have the syncmaster 216bw and i love it best monitor ive ever bought for the money. samsung FTW

for about the same money go to ur local bestbuy and get a different samsung u can get one wit a 5ms and 3000:1 for like 250 thats what i bought, its definetly worth it. Theres a reason target and walmart's carry westinghouse.

Edited by bg8780

bg8780, you're saying Westinghouse is junk because you like your Samsung? :rolleyes:

Gasp! Close to a fanboy statement, is that!