need help with moving files!

philbrown23

ok what is the easiest way to move ALOT of files from a pc to a laptop??? I thought of burning cd's bit I would need to burn about 35gb's worth of info and it may take a little while so I was wondering if anybody new a way tp like hook them together and just transfer the files from the pc ti the laptop.

A 100mb switch and two ethernet cables. Or if you really want to be creative, get a crossover cable and hook them directly to each other... and network them together. (Setup Windows Network wizard in XP/Vista works well)

Make sure to turn on print/file sharing in the wizard, make sure you turn off any third party firewalls, and create a folder somewhere on the destination computer and share it. Then, drag the files from the source computer to the destination.

Networks are awesome...

will it work if the are both on a wireless connection??? because the laptop will connect via lan but the pc for some reason will not it acts as if the lan has been plugged in but the o/s will not detect it and I have tried over and over again to reboot the drivers but it just will not work.

will it work if the are both on a wireless connection??? because the laptop will connect via lan but the pc for some reason will not it acts as if the lan has been plugged in but the o/s will not detect it and I have tried over and over again to reboot the drivers but it just will not work.

It does not matter if there on the same network enable fire sharing and share the folders/files you want to transfer, however wireless is slower...