Upgraded to AMD 5000+ BE

MarkB

Well, It has been a while since I upgraded my system I was running a 939 4200+ in my ASRock M/B. I just put my AM2CPU, BE5000+ and 2 Gig of G.Skill, in my machine last night. Ran S&M last night with no errors at 3GHz at stock voltage on cpu, ram volts set to high and memory at DDRII-800. I know Aquamark is a little outdated but I still like it for a quick comparison. Aquamark scores went from 90,xxx to 105,xxx. However PCMark06 hardly changed at all from my 4200+ @ 2.2GHz. Any ideas why that would be? I guess it could be my 7950GT KO may be maxed out but the aquamark GPU score jumped quite a bit. I had liquid cooling on the 939 but I don't have a AM2 clip for my water block so I went back to fan cooling and so far the highest temp I have seen on the cpu is about 40 degree C.

You are all a bunch of n00bs, look at the board's specs and then HOPEFULLY you'll feel stupid.

1 x Future CPU Port (Supports CPU upgrade from AMD Socket 939 CPU to Socket AM2 CPU through AM2CPU Board)

The board's a jack of all trades, master of none type of thing and chances are that's the reason it's under impressing with the new hardware.

Actually this board was pretty impressive with the 939. It is actually very overclockable with lots of BIOS settings. Considering how long I have been using the same motherboard and just upgrading the other components it's still pretty amazing. I really didn't want to do a new OS install right now that is why I stayed with this M/B and choose the AM2 upgrade board. I didn't have to touch a thing in the OS for this upgrade because this AM2CPU daughter board was designed to make this transition. Later I will upgrade the M/B and I am sure to get better overall results then. BTW I picked up the upgrade board for $30 so not a big investment there and the CPU and Ram will go with the next M/B I buy.

You are all a bunch of n00bs, look at the board's specs and then HOPEFULLY you'll feel stupid.
rofl3.gif

I figured it was a dual socket motherboard but I didn't really look into the specifications, I just googled it and it came up socket 939.

I guess they don't call it a AM2 socket just a "Future CPU Port"... :lol:

The board's a jack of all trades, master of none type of thing and chances are that's the reason it's under impressing with the new hardware.

Exactly It has a slot that mounts a riser to use the AM2 CPU