Mac Use Leads To "Snob-Effect"

road-runner

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Macs...

Seriously, we are just referring to the general consensus that Macs are superior in all aspects and a lot of the people who buy them are snobbish...

Most of the people I've seen who buy them do it simply so they can be different and "cool." It's ridiculous, I've known people who won't consider anything other than an ipod because it isn't Apple, and not cool. For further evidence, (If you live under a rock), almost every movie has an Apple computer, because apparently windows based pre-builts aren't cool.

I agree though many of Apple's products are good, but they seem to be geared to more of an aesthetically caring crowd... I won't buy an ipod... EVER simply because of the social effects it carries. There macbooks are pretty awesome however.

Believe all you want, I know how great my Mac is and don't need to defend it.

The only thing you can call great is the OS (if you are of that opinion). The build quality is on par with just about every other manufacturer in terms of failure rates. The catch is that Macs (at least the laptops) are a hell of a lot more expensive to fix when they do break.

I don't feel the need to buy a computer that's geared towards the average user. I also hate the stigma that surrounds anything with the Apple logo on it.

I do kinda want to corrupt an older G4 case and put a real PC in it though. :D

I do kinda want to corrupt an older G4 case and put a real PC in it though. :D

Such an idea lol, you could make an awsome mod out of it, like tear off the apple and roughly slap on a big windows symbol (deliberately leaving it rough like it was litterally torn off in a rage)

Such an idea lol, you could make an awsome mod out of it, like tear off the apple and roughly slap on a big windows symbol (deliberately leaving it rough like it was litterally torn off in a rage)

I was thinking more along the lines of painting the insides of the clear parts black and making the Apple logo glow dark red...but I like your idea too. :lol:

Fortunately for me I'm technically inclined and I don't need 'easy to use', which saves me loads of money on my 'i'-less products.

Lets not forget cool things like the iRiver's here :thumbs-up: My H10 6GB treats me real nice :)

Haha! Reminds me of the Ron White bit...

<snobby in-law>: "I can't believe you didn't buy a Mercedes Benz."

<Ron White>: ...

<Ron White>: ...

<Ron White>: "They don't make a van."

Under which rock is he living?! :blink:

2372958_100bcd81a0.jpg

The only thing you can call great is the OS (if you are of that opinion). The build quality is on par with just about every other manufacturer in terms of failure rates. The catch is that Macs (at least the laptops) are a hell of a lot more expensive to fix when they do break.

Well the OS is really all that's great about Macs now that they're Intel based. Plus, the laptops cost about the same as competing models with equivalent specs. Though I'm not sure where you're getting the notion that Macs cost more to repair. Without a warranty, they cost about the same as other prebuilt manufacturers. At least the customer service is better :D

Did ya'll read any of the comments on Daily Tech? Here is one...

This is not news to the people that have ever walked into an Apple store. Never been in one? Well let me help you out because I am a nice person and I like to help people. My trips to the Apple Stores were because a child required an IPod. Nothing else would do. Not Zune. Not Sansa. Not anything but Holy Apple.

Let us tour the standard Apple Store. First things first, it looks like something out of a bad 70

Wow, I wonder what planet this is from...

All the mac people I know are perfectly decent individuals, and every experience I've had at an apple store has been a pleasant one.

So what if most mac users are well dressed and environmentally conscious? That just means they have good taste. If you don't like apple, then don't buy a mac. The other big box manufacturers do just as many things "bad" as apple does, it's just apple gets all the flack because they're apple.

But alas, I guess ultimately I have to take stock in what Kash said. I know my mac is good, so I don't have to defend it.

No use arguing with imbeciles, they merely drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...