Sign in to follow this  
road-runner

Mac Use Leads To "Snob-Effect"

7268_steve_jobs_wideweb.jpg

Mac users and Mac-loving analysts often use phrases like

There's a reason the people who buy Macs are entertained by the Mac vs. PC commercials. :lol:

Haha. I've had this conception for a long, long time. I'm glad there's something more "official" out there to back it up. I don't have anything against Macs personally, but I do think it's funny that 9/10 cars around here that have a Mac sticker on them are Hybrid Civics and Accords. 65% of cars with Mac stickers also have a four-year-old Kerry-Edwards or Ralph Nader bumper sticker on them, and the remaining 33% have some environmentalist slogan, while 2% have so many hippy-liberal-elitest-intellectual-environmentalist bumper stickers on the back of their cars that I can't tell what they say or how many there are. It's noticeable, and since my laptops are only used for productivity, I think the only thing stopping me from getting a Mac is the fear of being thrown into that genre of people... I know I shouldn't be worried about stuff like that, but image is everything nowadays, that's why I carry a Dell Inspiron with a matte-black lid. :lol:

lol, pretty damn funny...and I have also had this view of Mac users myself (and I'm sure a lot of people do) and it is one of the reasons I avoid Macs, like LoArmistead I'm afraid of being lumped in with them lol

lol, pretty damn funny...and I have also had this view of Mac users myself (and I'm sure a lot of people do) and it is one of the reasons I avoid Macs, like LoArmistead I'm afraid of being lumped in with them lol

Macs are nice but I agree 100%... Only person I dont know who is like this is one of my co-workers.

Not buying one because of a perceived image is a sad thing on paper, but in reality, it happens a lot with so many things.

I personally won't use a Mac, as I have no need to. I won't use an iPod as I don't like the way iTunes works. What I won't deny, however, is that they are superbly designed and aesthetically pleasing in so many ways.

Shame that they are seemingly over-priced ... though I guess that's the price of exclusivity and design.

I personally won't use a Mac, as I have no need to. I won't use an iPod as I don't like the way iTunes works. What I won't deny, however, is that they are superbly designed and aesthetically pleasing in so many ways.

:withstupid: Spot-On!

I would never buy an iPod because of the major price premium that seems to come with that 'i' in the name. Also, I dislike iTunes. However, they have cornered the market on 'sleek' and 'easy to use'. Fortunately for me I'm technically inclined and I don't need 'easy to use', which saves me loads of money on my 'i'-less products.

I don't particularly mind Macs but the elitists of the Mac users need to be put into their place...

(yea I know all operating systems have their "people")

Reminds me of Mercedes Benz owners, honey we need a station wagon

"IT BETTA BE AH MUHSADEEZ" -_-

We need a computer honey, ok I'll go on Apple.com in a minute... :rolleyes:

The commercials are just "snob" to the max, I remember when it used to be Mac vs generic PC now they flatout bring up XP and Vista where as before they weren't being specific.

Maybe they didn't want to offend Linux users?

:D

Edited by Andrewr05

Reminds me of Mercedes Benz owners, honey we need a station wagon

"IT BETTA BE AH MUHSADEEZ" -_-

Haha! Reminds me of the Ron White bit...

<snobby in-law>: "I can't believe you didn't buy a Mercedes Benz."

<Ron White>: ...

<Ron White>: "They don't make a van."

Haha! Reminds me of the Ron White bit...

:lol:

<snobby in-law>: "I can't believe you didn't buy a Mercedes Benz."

<Ron White>: "They don't make a van."

<snobby in-law>: I don't think your truly appreciate the intricacies of Mercedes-Benz engineeeeering...

<snobby in-law>:...

<snobby in-law>:...My headlights have 3" wipers to keep my headlights clean in a raaaiiinstooorrmm....

<Ron White>: ...I got a bed to $*#& your sister.