ATI Radeon HD2600XT

Peow130

So, in about a day i'll be getting this new fancy schmancy heatsink (Thermalright HR-03 GT) for my card, and an Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming case, because my old case has well, really bad air circulation. ANYWAYS. I'm trying to get the most out of this card, and it's set to normal, but before i had it overclocked.

It's a Sapphire Radeon HD2600XT 512MB GDDR3 version, and i was wondering, to overclock it should i increase the voltage, and how would i go about doing this? I also noticed this thing doesnt have a plugin to go from the PSU. I was using ATITool to overclock it, but i would get a black screen and had to restart if i raised my GPU MHZ to 860MHZ. I don't know if it was just overheating or what. But i put it back to stock specs and it's OK.

So, since it was mostly a crappy message.

Question: Would i need to increase voltage to increase GPU mhz, and if i can, how do i go about doing this.

P.S. It's in some crappeh Emachines computer so i can't really edit anything in the BIOS without serious modification, and i'm not too worried about that. (95% not stock on wednesday) (5% mobo, HDD, and CPU stock)..

Check out rivatuner. Raise the core clock 5 or 10 percent. and save it. Then try it out. If it works. keep going. Memory clock do the same. When it freezes Restart and back off a little.

Honestly with a card like that it's really not worth overclocking. I have one in my HTPC and I didn't get any noticeable gains from overclocking it.

I actually gained a few FPS after i had it overclocked to 857MHZ. Then i overheated and got BSOD'd :(. Anyways, so would raising core voltage enable it to overclock higher? or should i just use what i've got.