AMD Overdrive (and some ther questions)

dotfortun3

So I'll start off by saying I am completely new to OC'ing I read the FAQ and the Basics that were pinned up top and such. I just don't think I am ready to start poking around in my BIOS (partially because I am lazy). But anyway, I just got a new rig, DFI 790FX-M2R (phoenix bios 6.0 PG), AMD Phenom 9600 BE, EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX, G.Skill DDR2 800 (4GB) running Vista Home Premium. I have been trying to use the AMD Overdrive utility to OC but it doesn't work. The newest Beta version says I am not an administrator yet I am and have used the "super secret administrator account" as well as clicked run as administrator. None of that worked, so I tryed running it for XP SP2 and that didn't work. So I downgraded back to 2.10 and finally get it to run and if I change anything, it just hangs. I've tried autoclock, moving the slider in Novice mode anything that changes it, it just freezes. Not the system just the program. Any ideas? I looked all over Google and some forums and no one else seems to be experiencing this problem.

P.S. In some of the topics I read, they said not to use DDR2 memory with an AM2 processor. Why?

P.P.S. The cake is a lie.

Overdrive is still a little buggy. Making changes in the Bios is still the best way to go. If you do use overdrive increase your clocks by 5fsb at a time. The way it interfaced with the bios on the original version the clocks did not match up and it would hang. Don't know if that is still the case.