Another 3870 X2 Tested

Bosco

It mostly seemed to stand out in Crysis, low-res Call of Juarez, and the synthetic tests. Everywhere else it seemed to be marginally better at best, and plenty of times it was actually worse than the single-GPU 8800's.

It's a neat card, but I'm not one to buy a card just hoping later drivers will make some drastic improvements. For my money, the G92 cards still look like the better value at prices $150-200 lower.

This is most likely gonna be the same deal as was with the 2900XT, immature drivers (as listen in the Cons). I'm waiting until the newer driver releases are out :)

I'm trying to decide whether I want a quad core Intel or a decked out Eeepc with my extra (free) money from my tax return...and if I get a quad core it might be worth nabbing one of these if they turn out to be faster with driver updates. :)

can the writer of the article provide the source to find this card at 449? I can't seem to find this card (with 4 DVI's) for 449 anywhere.

thanks,

I think the 4 DVI connections were part of the feature set he was looking for. I don't see any on the egg with 4 (just going by pictures).