how things change

yatstv

ok my last post is on other page now, but my budget increased.

i have another cart of items which is going to cost just under $650,

pls give some help because i know u guys out there have a better idea on what to, and what NOT to buy..

any pointers welcome.. even a complete different list if u think mine is bad..

the 1st thing i will post is power supply, this is the only component im not sure about.

power supply

ecs mobo

video card

will this soundard be ok for recording voice for example? i write music but cant go up on price no more

sound card

memory

cpu

cooler

i dont plan on overclocking.. i will be happy with it running stock as the system is right now.

i also have a few fans and other parts added to cart for case i am modding which takes the total to around $639 without shipping. so if you have any suggestions on my build could u not exceed the price $594.93 thats the price without fans etc. well u could make it $600 to round off the number

thanx in advance <<< will look stupid if nobody posts.. lol

That PSU is horrible. Rosewill aren't good at all

I would get something like this

OCZ StealthXStream 600 W

and for the system

THe ram is fine, I'm sure someone will comment with better overclocking ram for the same price but I'm a G.skill fan.

AMD isn't just cutting it anymore , they used to be king but not anymore..

So i'd say a Intel C2D system would be much better for the money..

Intel Pentium E2200 Allendale 2.2GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

for motherboard wise I would get ether one of these

ABIT IP35V LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard $77.99 After MIR

or

ASUS P5K SE LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

Both motherboard are the P35 chipset which is the best oc'ing chipset out currently

Video wise

I would get this 8800GT 512mb instead of the 3850, way better card for only $30 more.

EVGA Geforce 8800GT 512MB 256bit GDDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 HDCP & SLI Ready Video Card Retail 512-P3-N801-AR

see now i know u can overclock the pentium but i dont see paying that for a chip when i can spend the same on an amd at the overclocked pentium speed.. its the same price..

but i have sacrificed some of the modding parts to give me a lil more budget. i am going with this power supply

power supply

and this ram for an extra $10 or so and its Cas latency is 4 instead of 5 on the above set

g skill 2x1gig