PC rebooting

TheSaw

Well i know it's not really an OS related problem, but i didn't find any subforum for this one so here it goes:

I recently bought a new pc, set it up, installed drivers, etc... everything worked farely ok, till now. I was playing dota (Warcraft 3), not so resource eating game, when my pc just rebooted, suddenly, no error, no nothing. It was weird, but it wasn't the only time. It happened 3-4 more times today, so it gets really annoying. The interesting thing is it only happened during the game, it works fine outside. I thought about overheating, so i monitored my temperatures. The cpu rarely reached 40

Edited by TheSaw

Do you get any errors when or after your computer has rebooted?

I'm thinking right know that the problem is your power supply. Random reboots with out any errors can mean that your system isn't getting enough juice and the computer re-starts itself when the power supply reaches its max output or some tech term like that to protect the other hardware in the computer from being damaged. It kinda makes since that your computer re-starts when you play your game because thats when your computer would be demanding the most power from your ps.

For your set up 430 watts is kinda pushing it. I would have at least gone with a 500 watt ps.

I'd try a different higher wattage PS to see if that helps get rid of the problem.

I doubt that running your video card fan at full speed is causing your reset problem.

Its possible that there is some setting in Dual Core Center center like self overclocking or something else like that could be causing the random resets. I'd disable the program and then try playing warcraft 3 and see if that helps get rid of the problem.

Thx for the reply. Well i turned off the Dual Core Center, switched the RivaTuner to AtiTools to control my fan, turned off all unnecessary applications at stratup, but i can't test it with another PSU... I did some online calculations and it said that 430Ws are more than enough for this pc, and so did other ppl who i asked. So is there a specific way to find out if this really is the problem?

Ok, well i checked the dumprep and found a few STOP codes, and after looking them up on google, i found some similar problems, and a few possible solutions. It seems the problem was caused by my Realtek HD audio driver, it's buggy or smth. So i installed some other drivers, and the problem is fixed. For now. I'll come back if it isn't :P

So for those who will encounter some similar problems, check the STOP code after the crash, and if it's 0x000008e, and u have this Realtek HD audio, u know what to do :)

thx anyways.