Sign in to follow this  
Guest happyday999

help with monitor choice

Guest happyday999

My friend is on the market for a new monitor, right now he is looking at these two:

[Acer X221WSD 22in Widescreen LCD Monitor $207

Acer AL2216WBD 22 inch Widescreen 1680x1050 LCD monitor $215

Which one is better, need some comments please.

Edited by happyday999

actually i am looking for budget LCD too. And I considered this two LCDs, but my friend suggest

me not go for Acer ones. It looks like x221 is better than al2216, i am not sure.

My friend is on the market for a new monitor, right now he is looking at these two:

Acer X221WSD 22in Widescreen LCD Monitor $207

Acer AL2216WBD 22 inch Widescreen 1680x1050 LCD monitor $215

Which one is better, need some comments please.

My personal suggestion would be to save a bit more and wait for the Samsung 226BW to go on sale or have a rebate. Actually, Newegg has them for $270 after rebate with free shipping. I've seen the Acer AL22 and 226BW side-by-side and the latter is far superior. I had the chance to get the Acer for $150 and I still ended up with a Samsung. ;)

I looked at the 226BW and was not happy with it, so I returned it to NewEgg as a refused delivery. Why? I did not like the fact that I could look a little up or down and I would lose screen brightness and color. I like my LG. I can stand up or lay on the ground and still see the screen picture like I was looking at it head on. It doesn't lose anything. The response time is a little slower than ones that are not P-MVA but everything seems fine to me. Of course, they are more expensive as I got my LG 24" Flatron L246WP for $470 on sale. I don't know what they are going for now but I love this monitor.

I believe OP is looking for a monitor around 200 USD. At this price point I would not recommend going for a low end 22 incher. The quality on those Acers are subpar. I would highly recommend sacrificing size rather than quality. A good 19 inch screen will run you less than 200.

Edited by pp3rkut