newbie entry level build help 600$ total

joeferral

my total budget is 600$ including LCD, few old version 3d game, NBA or NFS, mainly for home use, watchc movie, photoshop, and programming C++.

I already bought a seagate 320gb sata hd 65$, cosair pc6400 2gb 30$, antec sonata with 500w 50$, and viewsonic 2026 180$.

I still need input stuff, DVD burner, cpu fan, maybe around 75$

so I only got 200$ for cpu+motherboard+video card, need suggestion for this part.

I am thinking biostar tf560 or tf 570 open box around 50$, amd 5000 or 4800 less 100$, I might get a hd 2600 for 50$ after MIR.

another choice, I might wait for some cheap comboat local store, lilke amd 5600+ecs nforce6m for 130$, 70$ for a video card.

or E4500+ ecs gf7111pvt-m for 120$, 80$ for video card.

could you give me some suggestions? thanks a bunch.

Hi there, welcome aboard OCC :thumbs-up: :)

I'd build this:

E2140 - 76$

Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G - 80$

Samsung SH-S203B DVD Burner - 28$

EVGA 8600GT 256MB - 95$ - 20$ MIR = 75$

As I couldn't find any X1950GT/Pro's for below 110$, I had to recommend the 8600GT. If you can possibly do it, fork up another 20$ and pick up an X1950Pro!

i suggest intel chip for this one, AMD gone way down hill and if your doing photoshop work under 300 DPI AMD would be okay but after that your L2 cache really matters. upgrading on an AMD board can be a bit tricky as it seems every new core is coming with a different socket. Intel is doing better on this front so upgrading in the future has a high chance of working out well.

get a P35 chipset (Gigabyte is a good choice), LG burnner (my Samsung SH-S203B is really slow compared to the spec it say it has) and the E2140 is a good starting choice if you consider upgrading later you have a Wide range with the p35 support 800/1066/1333 bus speeds.

the point of a entry level desktop is the flexibility to upgrade with most of your core components in tact (HDD, GPU, Case, Ram) and not be screwed over in a year when you have to be a new MB with your CPU, Ram , etc.

thank you very much. I decide to take e2200+ some cheaper P35 mb with 8600vc.

i suggest intel chip for this one, AMD gone way down hill and if your doing photoshop work under 300 DPI AMD would be okay but after that your L2 cache really matters. upgrading on an AMD board can be a bit tricky as it seems every new core is coming with a different socket. Intel is doing better on this front so upgrading in the future has a high chance of working out well.

get a P35 chipset (Gigabyte is a good choice), LG burnner (my Samsung SH-S203B is really slow compared to the spec it say it has) and the E2140 is a good starting choice if you consider upgrading later you have a Wide range with the p35 support 800/1066/1333 bus speeds.

the point of a entry level desktop is the flexibility to upgrade with most of your core components in tact (HDD, GPU, Case, Ram) and not be screwed over in a year when you have to be a new MB with your CPU, Ram , etc.