Sign in to follow this  
czGLoRy

Build me some Forums? ($)

So, I (we) need a private forum, with passwords required to view the forums, and I want/need ability to grant who can and cannot make posts/log in to forums. I want to be able to either make topics with subsections, or have the ability to have them modified. Also, the ability to upload/link to download videos would be great, but not required (<200mb). A clean and nice forum setting would be great, and we would like this to be permanent, but it doesn't HAVE to be anything really professional or anything, although that would be nice.

Forums like these, or even just standard messaging boards should probably be good.

Anyways, im willing to pay for this to be done, I know there are free hosting and what not, but nominal fees are OK. How much would this cost? Anyone want the job? (price?)

You could always just get yourself forum software and set it all up yourself. It's actually not that complicated.

There are a couple out there, some free, some not so much. I believe OCC runs on IPB; some others are vBulletin and PhpBB

You could always just get yourself forum software and set it all up yourself. It's actually not that complicated.

There are a couple out there, some free, some not so much. I believe OCC runs on IPB; some others are vBulletin and PhpBB

I appreciate that and looked into DLing PhpBB (got it fine) the free one, but after that im lost. I dont know the first thing about buying web hosting or domains or how to get it set up or anything. Still willing to pay :thumbs-up:

I appreciate that and looked into DLing PhpBB (got it fine) the free one, but after that im lost. I dont know the first thing about buying web hosting or domains or how to get it set up or anything. Still willing to pay :thumbs-up:

Sign up with a host that has Fantastico. Fantastico is basically a suite of installs for your website including web pages, blogs, forums, wiki, image galleries, etc. Forums are usually PHP or SMF. It's simple to set up and maintain. In any event, you'll learn a lot. BTW - I use Bluehost which has Fantastico