Sign in to follow this  
r.worsdell

troubles overclocking a gigabyte ds3

hey all

can anyone please shed any light on how best to overclock a gigabyte ds3?

i have a intel E6400 2.13Ghz.

wen i had a asus motherboard with the same set up i was able to overclock the prossesor to 3Ghz but since then i destroyed the motherboard and had to replace it, someone suggested a gigabyte ds3 because it is very good for overclocking but i am unable to even do the smallest of overclocks.

has anyone had simular problems or have info about this problem?

Not sure if you are refering to the P965 or P35 but I have the P965-DS3 and my E6420 is at 3.28GHz with minor voltage increase to the FSB and Northbridge, both +0.1v. vcore on the E6420 is at 1.392v and its running stable 24/7. The Gigabyte BIOS has been the easiest for me to use in a long time. What exactly are you changing in the BIOS when you attempt to overclock?

i have the 965p version!

i have tried a range of fsb speeds 350-400 and none are stable.

i have increased the voltage on the cpu voltage control and the fsb overvoltage.

it is a complete mystery because i have never had any problems on other motherboards with the same set up

You'll have to increase northbridge voltage as well. What kind + type of RAM are you using? Also, what BIOS version do you have? I'm on F12 and TomsHardware reviewed this board with the same results on the F9 BIOS.

EDIT: Nevermind found your RAM in your profile. Yeah with that setup you shouldn't have a problem hitting 3GHz.

Edited by F2008

i have the f12 version as well!

i have just spent the past 30 mins tryen different settings but all i get to is the windows welcom page then it dies and starts again