road-runner

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one too....but I'm going to side with p8baller on this one. Even though I've got a lifetime warranty, I'm not going to willingly subject my GPU to that kind of abuse. lol. Maybe if I had WCing like my prior build, but not on air.

Not to mention the fact that I game a lot, and thus wouldn't want to #%@! with my drivers.

you guys obv. know more than me, but couldnt that thermal issue be solved by going into nTune or Riva and setting the fan to 80 or 90%?

That'll help keep the temps down but the constant stress applied to the GPU 24/7(Assuming you run it 24/7 for max production) could severely decrease the longevity of your video card which is obviously not something you want.

That'll help keep the temps down but the constant stress applied to the GPU 24/7(Assuming you run it 24/7 for max production) could severely decrease the longevity of your video card which is obviously not something you want.

I have been running it on my 1950 for about 6 months I guess, no problems so far. By the time it would damage a video card it would probably be time for a upgrade anyway....

I have one too....but I'm going to side with p8baller on this one. Even though I've got a lifetime warranty, I'm not going to willingly subject my GPU to that kind of abuse. lol. Maybe if I had WCing like my prior build, but not on air.

Not to mention the fact that I game a lot, and thus wouldn't want to #%@! with my drivers.

see below

I have been running it on my 1950 for about 6 months I guess, no problems so far. By the time it would damage a video card it would probably be time for a upgrade anyway....

I've had it running on my X1950Pro for about 6 months 24/7 as well, that was no problem :) Just think of what the CAD cards do....

I certainly dont mean to imply that what you've said is inconsequential - but I got EVGA for the lifetime warranty. I'm going to assume that was a major factor in many other members' 8800 purchases, as well...

hehe I have two 8800s, one is mine, one is a friend's who owes me anyway, yep, looks like I have some work to do.

EDIT: Well that was quick. Took no time to make the modifications listed, however it does NOT appear to work as each unit gives an EARLY_UNIT_END.

This isnt to say it DOENST work, because it may be related to SLI being on atm, the x600 I also have or other stuff, disabling SLI and going again.

EDIT: Nope, disabled SLI still ends in EUE. I'll take any suggestions from ATI folders while i research it a bit as to the common causes, but considering it never starts im assuming it's bc it's an 8 sereis card.

see below

I've had it running on my X1950Pro for about 6 months 24/7 as well, that was no problem :) Just think of what the CAD cards do....

Well my main issue is the replacement of the nvidia drivers. You know I can't live without satiating my TF2/CSS/HGL fix :P