Sign in to follow this  
NinjaDude

WTB Help

so im just getting back to the computer building. to start off my mobo is

ASUS Deluxe

now its stating it works with 64 FX, X2, 64, and sempron. i was thinking of getting a Opteron 185.

Opteron 185

considering my mobo is socket 939 and the cpu is 939,can this Opteron run in my mobo?

thanks for any help you guys can give.

so im just getting back to the computer building. to start off my mobo is

ASUS Deluxe

now its stating it works with 64 FX, X2, 64, and sempron. i was thinking of getting a Opteron 185.

Opteron 185

considering my mobo is socket 939 and the cpu is 939,can this Opteron run in my mobo?

thanks for any help you guys can give.

Yep

Don't invest in a 939 rig, sell what you have and buy an Intel C2D :)

x2.

I'd go with an Intel Core 2 Quad if I was you, especially since they aren't priced much higher than the Core 2 Duos.

I'd go with an Intel Core 2 Quad if I was you, especially since they aren't priced much higher than the Core 2 Duos.

Doesn't the E6850 have more performance than the Q6600? And, we don't even know this guys budget.

Doesn't the E6850 have more performance than the Q6600? And, we don't even know this guys budget.

Well this is exactly the battle that's being fought out ever since the Intel price drop, that made the Q6600 about equally priced to the E6850. The E6850 wins, also with overclocking, but in SMP supported apps (more and more coming out now), the Q6600 hammers the E6850 into the ground. It's a whole big discussion topic anyways, but I went for the Quad, also for folding :)

thanks for all the help, well i am gonna keep my 939 rig for a bit longer since i would be spending alot more to replace the mobo, cpu, ram, ect.... i just need a rig right now for multi tasking and video editing.

This is where finding a used aka cheap 939 dual core would help you out a lot. If i was selling I would offer, but honestly I cant justify upgrading my Server when I'm already running parts that are overkill for 95% of its useage :)