Audiosurf: Ride Your Music

iKillSteal

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After playing the beta and demo I came to the conclusion it was indeed a neat game. I just went and bought the full game and it seems like there's a fair few bugs and general dodgyness going on.

- Random crashes back to the desktop

- Screen resolution keeps resetting itself

- Scoreboards sometimes seem to only partially show / don't show any scores at all... including my own!

- After buying it, it still said I had the demo and had 4 songs left. Tried deleting and reinstalling the game, same thing. Turns out you had to restart steam to fix that.

- Not exactly a bug, but 4 songs in the demo doesn't seem enough to get a good feel of the game if you ask me. They should have possibly been a little bit more generous there. Even 10 songs would have been a huge improvement!

- I have to set the background to 'white' rather than autoselect, otherwise sometimes the whole screen is white in game and you can't see a thing!

Reading the forums it seems there a few more bugs too, but I haven't come across them yet thankfully. The concept is nice, but I am kinda disappointed with the buggyness of it. I only discovered the beta the other day, and it worked for a few songs then said it had expired! It was apparently a weekend only thing or something? There was a 'crack' which I used to allow playing indefinitely, but I do feel the beta should have just been left running without any of these limitations, perhaps a few more bugs would have gotten fixed then?

Oh well. Perhaps another few goes later. It's annoyed me for the time being as the last three songs in a row I have done, the scoreboard was blank afterwards. I wonder if my score was even submitted *sigh*

Apart from the scoreboard issue, I haven't had any of your bugs yet! Screen resolution is 800x600 for me, I just left it there. I haven't had any crashes yet, so I don't know where that comes from :(

As for the scoreboard, I'd have to agree, the fix is realtively easy though. I tried one or two restarts of the game, logging in and out of my account once or twice, and tada, everything works fine (at least for me). I see everyone's scores, even the ones that didn't show up before are now there (so yea, they do get submitted Markie, don't worry ;)).

Apart from the scoreboard issue, I haven't had any of your bugs yet! Screen resolution is 800x600 for me, I just left it there. I haven't had any crashes yet, so I don't know where that comes from :(

As for the scoreboard, I'd have to agree, the fix is realtively easy though. I tried one or two restarts of the game, logging in and out of my account once or twice, and tada, everything works fine (at least for me). I see everyone's scores, even the ones that didn't show up before are now there (so yea, they do get submitted Markie, don't worry ;)).

Good to know that they are at least being submitted. I figured just now I would try logging in and out a couple of times, but that hasn't fixed the scoreboard being empty. I've restarted the game a couple of times now too.

Mine starts in 7xx by something or other and in windowed mode, so I have to keep setting it to 1280x1024 and full screen each time. I can cope with that, it's more of an annoyance really.

When my scoreboard reappears I may try and beat yer Quiet Place score :P

What are you trying to play? Knorkator or whatever it was called? Try some In Flames - The Quiet Place and see if you beat my worldwide highscore B:)

Nile actually.

And The Quiet Place is really the only song by In Flames I don't like. Not a big fan of the minimalisticness of it. And the only song by Knorkator I have is Alter Mann from 20 Years of Nuclear Blast.