Sign in to follow this  
Torner

Best Original Nintendo game of all time?

OMG, you are my new hero!!!

That's the ONLY game I EVER play on my Genesis emulator. I thought I was the only one who liked that title. :)

GENESIS FTW!

A lot of people seem to be into Genesis as well so heres the Genesis thread

Tecmo Bowl

Loved that game !

duuuuude....Tecmo Super Bowl...my friend Larry and I used to get into almost damn fistfights over that game hahahaha

Shadowrun = 2nd favorite all-time game (#1 is Wasteland, the 1987 RPG by Interplay that the Fallout series was based on)

legend of zelda

metroid

excitebike

honorable mentions

tecmo bowl

smb

contra

castlevania

ghosts n goblins

also - am I the only one lame enough to have owned - and still miss - a turbografx16? keith courage and bonk were awesome games

I still have 2 working nintendos with both guns, grey and orange. I think I still have my power pad as well.

Tecmo Super Bowl & Final Fantasy - still 2 of my guilty pleasures

I think many people didn't like SMB 2 because it was the hardest of all of them. But I beat them all...and loved them all...so :P

Yeah, but with a trick i figured out to get many, many extra lives it becomes much easier. After learning it, it is actually faster to warp and finish smb2 than smb1.

Megaman

Mario

or excite bike, loved that

I've never played on a NES :( In fact the first cosole I ever had was an original Xbox :O

:O Indeed!

Metroid

- I played this game till it litterally wouldn't play anymore. Only game I played where you could truly make your own path.

Other games I wasted waaay too much time on:

- Romance of the 3 Kingdoms

- Castlevania: Simon's Quest

- Mike Tyson's Punch Out

- Double Dragon

- Bionic Commando

- Life Force

- Legend of Zelda

Yes, I beat Tyson. I remember having to prove to some friends I could beat Tyson by doing it in front of their eyes. He was hard no doubt, but not sure why no one believed it. I probably put the most hours into Romance of the 3 Kingdoms and used to type my name in as Zhao Yun in other games. It's one of those games I don't see anyone else agreeing with me on even if two of my friends were as hooked as I was.

Metroid wins because I played that game so much that at a certain point the game would lock up. The more I played the quicker the freeze/lockup would occur ...till it litterally would not play anymore. If anyone played the game, remember going left to pick-up the Mari Mari (ball mode)? I would play it to go pick that up than game would freeze. Than I couldn't even do that - sad, sad day. Saddest gaming experience ever! Yes, I admit this freely to the world no matter how pathetic it sounds but I truly loved how you could go anywhere you wanted if you had the patience to try and find secret passageways. You could pass Bosses or even powerups. I could get to Mother Brain in 5min if I wanted. No other game has given me that much freedom, not even its sequels.

I made sure to stick to NES games, I made sure not to pick SNES games which I actually still have hooked up! :thumbs-up: