Best_Monitor_Ever

Capo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it like 4 LCDs smacked together but it is entirely too thick...

I'm a noob with modding crap and I could fit 4 monitors seamlessly into a smaller case.

:P

Well maybe not, I suppose it has more circuitry than just 4 regular panels would have, it has to interpret the signal to span all 4 screens (I'm sure that required some effort).

That is unless the final model will be one entire screen?

best? ew

For one, it's basically an elongated CRT. People barely have room for a regular sized CRT.

Secondly, I'm sure it's interesting for gaming, since it'll give the illusion of peripheral vision better than just a mere flat widescreen display, however that's got to be horrible for image editing and probably even movie viewing, as the curve will cause distortion.

OCC had a news topic way back before the crash about HP working on creating a curved LCD to add to the immersion factor of games. Seems like they were really serious about that. Do want once hardware is capable of running games at that res smoothly.

I am still trying to get used to my 24", which I still think is huge. I don't think I want something that big for at least a while. I will check again in a few years. Maybe everything will be laser by then. :)

Edited by soccertl

I am still trying to get used to my 24", which I still think is huge. I don't think I want something that big for at least a while. I will check again in a few years. Maybe everything will be laser by then. :)

You beat me to it. Yep, it's not LCD technology... which means it may be a bit cheaper. :) Though certainly anything with Alienware's name on it will double it's price. ;) I definitely agree that this is a gaming monitor, anything else would probably be annoying.