Worth selling my OC'D EVGA 8800GTS SC 320MB for 8800GT?

LYNCHIN

I have been trying to figure out if it is really worth the trouble to sell my Card to upgrade to the 8800GT. Whenever I see Benchmark reviews of the 8800GT with the 8800 320MB Card in the Lineup, It is really hard to tell how much faster the GT really is compared to a OC'd GTS, Like mine, GPU OC'd to 648/1620/900. I know this question has been asked before, But I am trying to explain that I already can get 11400 on 3DMark06 at default settings with my GPU OC'd and CPU at 3.2Ghz.

But what if you look at this link of the Fataility Version of the 320MB GTS(who's Clocks are very close to what my GTS gets, Except the MEM clock) running on a Core 2 Duo Extreme X6800, It pulls 10598.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/465/9/

I know I shouldn't bet the Farm on a 3DMark06 test. This Cards review is the closest to mine I can find. I think the next highest core Overclock is the EVGA 8800GTS ACS which has a 590CoreMHz.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1166&pageID=3946

That link is to a Article showing that the Fatality 320MB GTS is close to a stock GTX, And only %10 slower than a the XXX GTX!! And the Test system is Very Similar to mine.

I just wanted another opinion on this issue. I mean, How much more Performance will I really see in Games, Considering my GTS is very close to a Fatality GTS performance wise. What, Maybe 5FPS more with a GT, If I am lucky?

Anybody care to add any comments on my Query?

Thanx

you may get a sery small amount more like yeah 5fps with an 8800gt but if you upgraded to the 8800 gts 512mb version you would gain more like 9fps and the ability to do it with higher resolutions. Also the 512mb version is the g92 chip so it is more efficien, runs cooler, and can handle higher clock speeds. so that would be your best bet. IMO

IF <-- remember that word, Now IF you could get a buyer for the 8800GTS 320 at it's "value" based on new price (and not performance compared to teh 8800gt) and had possible plans of getting an evga and steppin gup to the higher performance cards that are due out in the 90day step-up period, then I might consider it as you could come out ahead. Of course it would be a hell of alot easier to take a slightly bigger hit on the 320 later down the road and just buy the new card you want when the price is right :)

you may get a sery small amount more like yeah 5fps with an 8800gt but if you upgraded to the 8800 gts 512mb version you would gain more like 9fps and the ability to do it with higher resolutions. Also the 512mb version is the g92 chip so it is more efficien, runs cooler, and can handle higher clock speeds. so that would be your best bet. IMO

The 8800GT is also the G92 phil.... :rolleyes:

@ OP, I wouldn't bother!

I would keep the ?320mb /320bit ? and get your money out of it and when you start lagging in your games then sell for what ever $150+ you can get out of it. the 8800gt is a better card but dude you already have a good card. It was my first choice untile I saw the 8800GT for a little more. + you cant find that card anywhere at least I cant KEEP IT

Thanx for the help. I really believe you guys are right. I really doubt I will see a huge increase of Performance right now switching to a GT. After reading this Article about a Fatality 320MBGTS taking on a XXX GTX I was blown away.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1166&pageID=3947

My Card hits those clocks except for the MEM clock, So I feel a lot better now with keeping my Card. Pulling around 500 Points less i 3DMark06 than a XXX GTX is awesome to see.

Have a read any Fellow 320MB users that have a fast Overclock!!