Sign in to follow this  
kingdingeling

What's happening?

Congrats, I'm already about 50k past that :D I fought out a little battle with Steve before I could overtake him, but if he's a noob, kills his hardware and then goes to CES :rolleyes::lol:

Noticed my PPD had dropped also, so I check the boxes and found one stuck trying to auto send and has been stuck there for some reason, it has been trying to send for 3 days doing nothing else :/ Whats odd is it was only at 38% of current project so it had work to do it just wasn't doing it. Hopefully it is fixed now if not I will delete the current project and move on.

Well I am going to be coming back full force and I don't want to scare anyone, but as soon as it starts getting cold the Dual Opty is going back up. I'll also be getting a Quad Core in a few weeks and the Opty 148. Should far surpass my old PPD.

Still got that virus?

yeah! nothing will kill this stupid thing!it'd definately taken it's toll on my sytem, to. It's worked it's way into my windows system files so there are errors showing up everywhere, the only things that still function properly are firefox and a few other programs. But I'm going to just erase the whole hdd after I put my system together tomorrow, when it get's here :)

yeah! nothing will kill this stupid thing!it'd definately taken it's toll on my sytem, to. It's worked it's way into my windows system files so there are errors showing up everywhere, the only things that still function properly are firefox and a few other programs. But I'm going to just erase the whole hdd after I put my system together tomorrow, when it get's here :)

The two best ways to kill a virus are from a livecd, or from a format. If I was you, I would suggest grabbing a live linux distro with antivirus and learning how to use it. It's a good thing to know how to do, and since you are already planning on formatting, whats the worst that could happen. I guess if you wanted to you could build a windows pre installed enviroment livecd, all you need is your own cd-key and disk and the know how to do it.

Sounds good :) My PPD will stay at a constant 3,520 for a while I guess ;)

Well then I must make sure to reach 4k PPD soon ;):lol:

I've been turning off folding when gaming.

Why? Running low on RAM?

Hmmm....I wasn't even aware of the WCG until I read this post....Did you make others aware of the new team startup? I apologize for missing the post if you did, but that said I'd throw a future rig or two their way if the OCC team was even semi active....sounds like a good cause and I don't mind spreading my cpu cycles around for a good cause B:)

Looks as if someone is being selfish and childish and deleted the WCG section, I was going to move my rigs back to Folding for OCC or the WCG team after a few days but now that I see how selfish, self centered, and childish they are that will never happen. Another prime example of points and teams being more important to some than the actual purpose of the projects. I thought when it came to distributed computing everyone was on the same team.

So there are some computers here that I have most external access blocked for. When I initially set up [email protected] I added the servers I knew of to the exceptions but never realized stanford had a webpage displaying every server. I went to check on one of the computers and it's been failing to receive a work unit for weeks. I added every [email protected] server to the exceptions list, so hopefully my PPD will skyrocket now :D...hopefully...if this works . I won't know until it tries again.

Looks as if someone is being selfish and childish and deleted the WCG section, I was going to move my rigs back to Folding for OCC or the WCG team after a few days but now that I see how selfish, self centered, and childish they are that will never happen. Another prime example of points and teams being more important to some than the actual purpose of the projects. I thought when it came to distributed computing everyone was on the same team.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showforum=122

Am I seeing things? :unsure: