OCC @ CES 2008

sdy284

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of curiosity, I wanted to configure it to specs close to my system to compare price:

* One 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (quad-core)

* 4GB (4 x 1GB)

* 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s

* NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB (Two dual-link DVI)

* One 16x SuperDrive

* Apple Mighty Mouse

* Apple Keyboard (English) + Mac OS X

That comes to $3099 before tax.

I paid ~$1750 for the computer in my sig (further details in my profile). I reused my old case, so throw in $150 for that.

So I was pretty close when I said you pay $1k for the Apple logo.

Remember it's got a dual CPU board installed though, even if you only get 1 CPU. And you do pay top dollar for the extra 600MHz CPU power.

Still ridiculous though!

And my video card is nearly twice as much as the one I had to select...so it all evens out...or rather it should :P

I have a question about the paper-writing thing. Now I get that this thing captures what you write in real-time, but what about erasing? Does it capture that to? If it does, then this might be a worthy alternative to writing tablets, and I may have to get one!

That blue tooth adapter is pointless in my opinion, there is barely anything to grab onto to plug the damn thing in.

It would be sweet for an internal application though...

It's not completely pointless. If a notebook doesn't have built-in bluetooth, you can connect this and leave it connected 24/7 because it'll still fit into any carrying case.