GTS (G92)/Nibitor idea

razor

hey,

so my GTS @ stock settings idles 65-68 C, but when I bump the fan speed up to 60%, idle temp drops to 48 C. I'm thinking about using Nibitor to see if I can go in and alter the BIOS so that the card's stock fan speed. anybody have any experience altering Nvidia's BIOS? anything I should look out for/avoid? any other tips or warning? I really appreciate the help. :)

Neither of those temps are anything to worry about. When it gets over 100 C then I'd start bumping the fan speeds up but load temps in the 90s are not out of the ordinary and are not bad for the card by any means.

Neither of those temps are anything to worry about. When it gets over 100 C then I'd start bumping the fan speeds up but load temps in the 90s are not out of the ordinary and are not bad for the card by any means.

if I remember right, these cards are safe up to 110 C, so I'm not worried about overheating. it's more that I'd like to have the card's fan operate a little faster - without me going into nTune/Riva everytime. and, the 20 C drop cant be bad for the rest of the components in my case - plus, the increase in fan speed is nearly inaudible. this seems like a win-win. as is the case with most things, it's just easier for the end user (me) to have things work the way I want automatically...lazy . Americans :rolleyes:

If I could help I would...but I just leave my card to do its own thing.

One thing of note though - by lowering the card temp you aren't doing anything to cool the rest of your computer. Your card puts out the same amount of heat regardless of fan speed. :)