Academic Discount On Newegg...

Mr. Patman

Since there really isn't a section here for "Website related questions" ill post here, because this has to do with the purchase of a macbook.

On newegg, they offer an academic discount to students. I am currently attending college so I want to see If i can get a discount of some sort on a macbook. When i put my numbers into the academic discount area of their website i noticed that no discount was deducted from the shopping cart price. Is there a certain way im supposed to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i dont know but i ordered my macbook from apple. is there a reason you cant order from them?

Well If i order from apple, they charge 85 dollars in tax. Newegg does not.

Edit: All said and done - The apple total is 1184.17 (85.17 in tax)

With newegg is 1094 all said and done. Free shipping and no tax.

Thats a very reasonable price, I just thought maybe I could take advantage of the student discount that Newegg claims to offer.

Edited by Mr. Patman

You have to report that purchase on your tax returns so you'll pay tax on it one way or the other (assuming that you're honest enough to put it on your taxes).

ahh i see now ... i dont order from newegg as im canadian ...

you might try calling them ans see why they aren't giving you the discount ...

You have to report that purchase on your tax returns so you'll pay tax on it one way or the other (assuming that you're honest enough to put it on your taxes).

yeah ... i get most of my taxes back though as im a student :)

Edited by neddamttocs

You might also want to check out MacConnection.com and MacMall.com. Both have some really good prices and offer free shipping/no tax. If I had known about them before I bought my Macbook, I definitely would have gone with one of those two as I would have saved a ton of money.