moving tuniq tower to new build

upok

Okay, had a tuniq on my old evga 680i. Like an idiot, I took the paper off of the adhesive mount on the backplate. I got it off, in one piece even, with the hairdryer and praying technique(very sophisticated). Now I want to put the tuniq on my new ds3r, but I don't want to deal with this in the future. Should I:

a) Remove the spongie adhesive material completely

b) Just use it and hope to never move this backplate again

c) Use some parchment paper(the kind for baking, safe to 420F) to cover most of the adhesive, but leave the spongie material intact

d) Use some electrical tape in the manner described above

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Underneath that paper is some of the most impressive adhesive EVER!! I didn't realize that getting that off of the back of my 680i was going to be so hard. I managed to get it off by heating it with a hairdryer and then using a jewelers screwdriver to just peel one corner off. From there it was just a lot of constant pulling to get the whole thing off in one piece. I didn't want to go through this again so I wanted to put something over the adhesive to keep it from sticking to my new mobo. I ended up just using 4 slivers of electrical tape to cover the adhesive but leave the spongie backing intact. Make sense?

If I ever buy another Tuniq, I will NOT take that paper off.

that adhesive is just to assit with assembling the HS.

it does serve to insulate that backplate so it has to be there.

i have always just replaced the adhesive square with foam Mounting Tape if i moved the backplate to another board.

3M Scotch Heavy Duty Mounting Tape

you just trim the tape into sections that will replace what was originally there.

it is basically the same thing as the original.