Possible problems?

gpstatechamps07

Hi, just built my new rig the other day but am having one problem with it. I power it on everything looks ok all fans are running and everything but I get no video on my monitor and havent been able to boot it up the monitor just stays on standby. I know this monitor works because I'm using it right now on this PC but for my new built PC I have to use an adapter. could the adapter be broken or something? Bacically what I'm asking is what are some possible problems and how do I try to fix them?

Hi, just built my new rig the other day but am having one problem with it. I power it on everything looks ok all fans are running and everything but I get no video on my monitor and havent been able to boot it up the monitor just stays on standby. I know this monitor works because I'm using it right now on this PC but for my new built PC I have to use an adapter. could the adapter be broken or something? Bacically what I'm asking is what are some possible problems and how do I try to fix them?

Well you know on the motherboard were you connect the front chassis speaker for the beeps. My case didn't come with a connector for that so ya....and my specs are HD 3850 c2d e4500 500 wat PSU 2gb of RAM