Hi all me new here

enzoleo

Hi all ive been going around the web in search of a good forum to settle in and im impress with occ =) so here i am. ive build myself a sick system and going to take the next step to overclock my cpu since q6600 isnt that impressive at stock speeds. so any advice from u guys? thanks. btw im really new to overclocking ;) thanks.

welcome to occ. dont touch the llammas. :P

oh and, you think the q6600 isnt all that impressive at stock??? You have pretty high standards. anyways, as far as advice, read through all the faq's, ask some qestions (try to avoid being extremely vague), and go slowly. If you got the g0 stepping you ought to be able to go far.

Well with the limited info I have OC'ing, let alone with Intels, I know that an easy way to push up speeds would be to up your FSB speed in the BIOS. That should be a good start for you.

i baught a few oc magazines and im on holidays now on my old reliable laptop i will definately OC my system once i get back in a weeks time. good to see so many response in just a short time =)

yea i have a go stepping q6600. checked it on cpu-z. well my cpu cooler is an Asus Silent knight2 pure copper. i dont really wanna push it to the max. a 3.0 clock will be sweet for me =)

3.0GHz is my plan for my Q6600 as well. It should be easy to achieve since people are reaching 3.6 on air.