Is this Overclock ok?

Ok with a lot off fine tuneing i have been able to drop my load temps at 3.00ghz to 48c, i notice on this shot that the load goes from 98% to 100% where as in the screen shoot at the start of this topic it stayed at a stedy 100% throught the test ?

there seems to be a huge diffrene in load temps from 2925.0Mhz and 3.0Ghz why so much for that extra 75Mhz it dose not make sence to me.

well i think i could still drop some of my voltages down a bit more and maybe lose another 2c - 3c

all the info is in the screen shots idle to the left load to the right. Please all input welcome as iam new to OC'n

post-30235-1199408287_thumb.jpg

post-30235-1199408315_thumb.jpg

Edited by grahamdunstan

that Q6600 should be able to reach almost 4Ghz if you do it right. you're temps are not even close to be worried about. once they get up around 70C i'd start to get worried. just out of curiosity what kind of cpu cooler are you using that's turning that many rpms?

Hi there i have just moved on to the memory now. I have set it ti 950mhz

Voltage Values NOW are :

CPU Core 1.312 V

FSB VTT 1.584 V

North Bridge Core 1.536 V - Dose anyone think this is to high ?

South Bridge Core 1.520 V

HyperTransport 1.360 V - Dose anyone think this is to high ?

DIMM 2.128 V SET TO - 2.1 IN BIOS

DIMM VTT 1.056 V -

Ok so i now have my memory running at 950Mhz but when i put it up to 1000 the computer would not boot memory is corsair XMS2 6400 800mhz 4-4-4-12 C4

I have not changed ant timings in the bios leaving them all on auto should i change these and if so what would be best to start with THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

that Q6600 should be able to reach almost 4Ghz if you do it right.

Not really, it may if you got lucky and got a decent chip and have some very good cooling, of course I am talking about a stable OC for 24/7 not just booting into windows at 4Ghz....

I am going to ask my question here instead of making a new thread, since it runs along the same lines. I have a e6750 running at 3.0ghz(375mhz x 8) (only under load which is fine with me). A little bit about my system

Intel core2duo e6750 + stock intel cooler

Asus P5kC motherboard

corsair XMS2 ram 2 X 2GB DDR2 800mhz 1.8v(Can this be set higher without ruining the ram, since it may be getting overclocked by bios??)

Vcore 1.30v (set on auto), everything else set on auto

Load Temps 44C to 46C

I was wondering is if it is an ok overclock to have, without having to worry about frying the chip really soon. Also, is it ok for the fsb to be set at 1499mhz on this processor (it was set that way automatically). Lastly, if I wanted to have the overclock set that way all the time, would C1E in the bios be the equivalent to shutting off the intel speedstep?? thanks for the help, and I am sorry if these are dumb questions

Edited by mr._blue_sky