Major build problem.

gpstatechamps07

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, that psu will probably be of similar quality. You might just have to get a different psu, or try a low end graphics card that you have lieing around in your new rig, just to see the post splash and check it is working.

Just wondering how we could check the 3850 is working as well...........

Edited by Comp Dude2

nope, that psu will probably be of similar quality. You might just have to get a different psu, or try a low end graphics card that you have lieing around in your new rig, just to see the post splash and check it is working.

Just wondering how we could check the 3850 is working as well...........

Well I think i at least figured why the proccesor fan isnt running in the mobo manual it says the fan wont run until under load or has hit a certain temperature......now to fix my video problem.

Most likely the crappy PSU, although it should at least power up... did you memtest your RAM?

Well, considering he isn't even getting it to post with video I doubt it. First and foremost I would try and get a different PSU and try that.

If the RAM or proccesor was faulty would this cause it to not post with video?

yes. do a minimalistic startup. leave just your cpu in there. pull video card, ram, unplug optical drives from mobo and harddrives. by having your ram out, your motherboard should beep continuously. if it does, you know your motherboard SHOULD be fine. hopefully that will help you narrow down your issue. did your motherboard come with a diagnostic card? (the usb pci slot that has 4 leds on it...that will tell you where your problem lies.) i'd say since you get a beep - that is a good sign, and more than likely that rosewill isn't cutting it for your big 3850.

I had a floppy drive cable hooked up wrong and had a similar problem.

But the best way to check is to unhook everything you don't need so just the video card 1 stick of memory and the cpu of course.

Then see if it will boot if not use the other stick of memory and see if it will boot( I doubt both are bad).

Pull the mobo battery wait 5 min and replace.

Try a different power supply or check the one you have.

Then if it still don't work exchange the video card for a regular old pci video card if you have one.

Replace the cpu or check it on another mb.

After you check all your connections. You could hook up both power supplies to the system.

Hook up the Mobo and video card to the Rosewill PSU.also hook up about half the fans to this PSU also

Then hook up the hard drives and the rest of the fans to the Dell PSU and use the paper clip trick to jump start that PSU.

If you get everything work. It'd be a Power issue....

The paper clip trick is where you connect the Green wire and any black wire together on the ATX connector ( P1 ). DO this while the PSU if unplugged and then plug it in when your hit the power button on your main rig.

I heard that DELL uses different color wires on there PSU's so you might have to find out which one is the ATX power switch.....

In theory yes it should, but Rosewill is pretty much known to have some poor power supplies. Did you try the minimal start up with only 1 stick of RAM, CPU and vid card; disconnecting hard drives, DVD roms, etc?