Can my evga 7950gt ko run vista 32bit?

mattwalter85

I was thinking about installing vista home premium 32bit on my rig as a dual-boot setup but I'm not sure what program I need to use to boot the computer or if my 7950 gt ko 512mb video card will run vista. I didn't see anywhere where it was dx10 compatible but I could be wrong. Im currently running xp pro on my rig so i'm wanting to run it and also be able to boot into vista so i can play around with it...I appreciate all the help guys....KEEP FOLDING!!! :foldon:

i just figured that vista was dx10 only and didn't use any dx9 at all...sorry about the confusion. does anyone know what program i need to use or how i set it up so i can do like a dual-boot to get into either o/s. i have 2 hard drives so i was planning on using one for my xp pro which is already installed and the second one for vista to keep all the files and everything separate for the ease of things.

do what i do... have 3 hard drives xp on one vista on one and all your files and stuff on the other .... and use your bios to pick witch drive you use.

also to save installing every thing twice just make short cuts from the program files on one OS to the desk top on the other :)

You dont need any special software to do a dule boot , Just add the second hdd, boot into windows to make sure it shows up.

Place the Vista disk into the dvd rom , pick the hdd you just added to install into. when all is done all you have to do is pick the os you want from the boot log as the computer is starting , mine says Vista or an older operating system, older being XP.

Its that easy. ;)