another budget build

yatstv

well we have to werk with what we got nowadays. and for aome people its budget build time... weeeee.

anyway.

im runing atm..

939 4000+ 1 core

msi neo 2 platinum.... agp

1gig ocz dual chanel platinum

a tearful msi 9550 gpu

audigy 2zs

generic 400W psu.. errr.

2x seagate baracuda 160gb

well its done me a good job actualy for the past 3 yrs and now im fed up of not being able to play games.... sniff sniff..

so i have been looking at these items to upgrade so i can play the pop games atm.. cod4 bioshock etc etc...

am2 4800 dual core

MSI K9NBPM2-FID AM2 NVIDIA Quadro NVS 210S mobo

2x1gig dual channel 800 ddr2 by either wintec or gskill

480W 12Vx2 hiper psu

and an ASUS EAH3850/G/HTDI/256M Radeon HD 3850 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 pcie 2.0

ik know its not gonna max games but i think u will agree for $450 its a hell of an improvement on what i had. and as long as it will play these games nicely.. thats all that matters. but by the researching ive done.. it should play these games pretty well. all i do is gaming and music and im not sure if i should cross over to vista for dx10 though??

got cod4 today.. now i just sit n wait till my money comes in.... hmmmm.

Yeah, not a bad upgrade for the money, though I would probably spend a little more and spring for a slightly better PSU. Not too sure how good the Hiper PSU's are. Someone else might have a better idea though as to the quality of them.

Meh. AM2 is OK, but for not much more money, you could get into an Intel C2D setup which would be a lot better.

Keep the video card (good choice), keep the memory (or go with any of the other $50ish 2x1 kits), and get these instead:

Intel Core2Duo 4500 Allendale

DFI Infinity P965

Fortron 500W Power Supply

That should be within $25-50 dollars of what you listed, and will be much better.

I agree with Verran on this one. C2D is def. the way to go and get some adata sticks because they're cheap and have d9's which you'll want if you go intel. It's always worth it in the long run to get a good psu especially if you plan on overclocking.

:foldon: