Happy New Year

CelticaFLM

Well we added everything up...it comes to about 2200 worth of stuff. We're calling the insurance provider tomorrow...and then ADT home security is coming out tomorrow. Also.....i'm gonna make d3 buy a gun....for me :-). They will hit another house....ours is the 3rd one hit here recently. I'll be ready next time :-).

Just make sure you don't shoot them in the back, sounds allot worse in court. I assume you know how to handle yourself with a gun, just about everyone in east Tennessee does.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we added everything up...it comes to about 2200 worth of stuff. We're calling the insurance provider tomorrow...and then ADT home security is coming out tomorrow. Also.....i'm gonna make d3 buy a gun....for me :-). They will hit another house....ours is the 3rd one hit here recently. I'll be ready next time :-).

I'm quite happy with my Mossberg, and some steel 7 shot will work wonders for taking them down without blowing their legs out :D. Most 8 or 7 1/2 shot is lead, which may get you in trouble in court. Look up your area's castle law, too.

I'm quite happy with my Mossberg, and some steel 7 shot will work wonders for taking them down without blowing their legs out :D. Most 8 or 7 1/2 shot is lead, which may get you in trouble in court. Look up your area's castle law, too.
I'd get a revolver (more maneuverable in tight spots) and less holes in your property that way.

A gun does no good if your not home, it just gives them something else to steal unless you carry it with you....

A gun does no good if your not home, it just gives them something else to steal unless you carry it with you....

:withstupid: Most low-level house thieves aren't stupid enough to rob a house with someone already in it (would you?)... If you really want a weapon to protect yourself... it isn't too difficult to procure a permit to carry a concealed weapon... Tennessee is one of those great states fortunately.

Buying a gun is a bad idea. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean your safe it could do the exact opposite. Also you need to know how to use it properly otherwise it does nothing for you. You also have to have enough courage to use it if the time ever came were you really need to and be able to live with the consequences if you killed someone in self defense.

A very popular psychological study was done on the morals of women, once. I have the exact info in my psych notes. But women, most often, have different morals than men do when it comes to life. I believe the study was asking women how far they'd go to get medicine to save the life of an infant. Most would break into and steal from a pharmacy, while most men wouldn't go as far, at the time of the study. Something along those lines. But I don't think one semester of a college level intro to psych class makes me a good judge on that :P.

Trust me on this one... if a woman feels her life is threatened, or the life of a loved one is, they will stop at nothing to protect that loved one, especially a child. Whitelightning posted a thread here once after a private investigater forced his way into his home, with his wife and son alone. She had the glock loaded and the safety off.

The only risk is that, to quote a cop, "Gunfights rarely end before the clip is empty."

Regarding being home, like I said, a real dog would have helped :P (j/k). But they are installing ADT it seems, so that should help out. They should probably also invest in strengthened door frames, as that's what usually breaks when someone kicks a door in.

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/Home_Security_Tips.htm more info.

D3 has a gun and a permit....and I know how to shoot. I don't feel safe there....and I know they would very much like to come back. I can feel someone watching. They will try to hit another house in the area. I don't have any kids yet....but the dog means a lot to me. I won't shoot to kill....but i will shoot someone knee caps off and proceed to beat the crap out of them. I can't get rid of the sick feeling...knowing that someone was in my sanctuary. I HOPE they do come back and they better hope my dad or d3 catches them first because I will rip them apart.

D3 has a gun and a permit....and I know how to shoot. I don't feel safe there....and I know they would very much like to come back. I can feel someone watching. They will try to hit another house in the area. I don't have any kids yet....but the dog means a lot to me. I won't shoot to kill....but i will shoot someone knee caps off and proceed to beat the crap out of them. I can't get rid of the sick feeling...knowing that someone was in my sanctuary. I HOPE they do come back and they better hope my dad or d3 catches them first because I will rip them apart.

d3 again...

Unfortunately, when it comes to a situation like this, you have to shoot to kill. Otherwise, they can turn around and take you to court. Yes, you can be held liable for the injury caused to a person, even if they break into your house. Besides, the silver tipped hollow points I have loaded in pistol (.45) will make a hell of a mess.

Permit or not, you have to be able to prove that you or a loved one was in danger. With no one to testify against you, you can simply say that they guy said he had a gun and would kill me, and then he reached for his back pocket. They'll be no dispute, as dead men tell no tails.

Also, in the eyes of the law. A dog is seen as property, nothing more. --- Though this is a double standard, as police dogs are seen as officers and treated as such if one is injured in the line of duty.

our neighborhood seen its first robbery in 17 years on dec 27.....and there were two of them the same night. we have guardian alarm system installed on our house but its always been deactivated. we are turning it on very very soon. all of our vehicles are alarmed :).