SONY KDL-26T2800

suchuwato

If I was going to spend that much money, I would make sure it was 1080p instead of 1366x768, even if it meant spending more. But then, I don't upgrade all that often. I admit I don't know that much about monitors at all, but the specs of this one, except the contrast ratio, seem to outdo it for less money. Oh wait, I just saw that yours has a built in tuner? is that why its so much more?

TV... will have an upscaling dvd player (HDMI), xbox 360 (YCbCr) attached.

There's no point getting a 1080p screen, as it's going to be a while before any decent free HD services become available here - I'm not going to get Sky HD and my area doesn't have cable. If the BBC does get it's act together and sort out HD over freeview, it'll be 1080i, which it handles anyway. The only thing really in HD will be xbox games - I've got no plans (as yet) to buy a HDDVD/Blu-Ray player. Besides, I can't afford a good one.

It's identical to this one: http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.act...y+BRAVIA+TV#tab

I'm more concerned with image quality... I've got a hannspree monitor and it's ****, and I've used ViewSonic panels, and was really not impressed. After a bit of research, it seems the only TV that's supposedly better for the size is a Panasonic Viera, which is too expensive and ugly as hell. (Also has ghosting issues methinks)

I don't need it for a monitor :lol: I've got me Dell :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

It arrived a few days ago, and it's working perfectly.

post-8314-1200595708_thumb.jpg

[above] It doesn't have the XMB menu, but is easy to navigate

post-8314-1200595826_thumb.jpg

[above] SD 16x9 PAL (MPEG-2) Upscaled

post-8314-1200596728_thumb.jpg

[above] it does a really good job of handling and scaling interlaced SD and HD (pic is in mid shot change - deinterlacing is good!)

post-8314-1200597308_thumb.jpg

[above] HD is really good - but which is better? :P

I've yet to calibrate it - I need to hook a PC or get a calibration DVD ;)

The colours are vivid and rich, the contrast is good, the sound is great and it's good value 8.5/10