OC Q6600 I reach a cap

WhiteBear

The vid on mine is 1.275. I have run from 1.275 to 1.55 in my quest for the max oc on my stuff and I'm still going strong. So far mine takes 1.49v for 3.6 prime stable. anything over that takes huge volt increases to make it close to stable.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is my point...

if your VID is 1.325v and you've only tried Auto and 1.3v, then you have not even tried higher voltage

if your VID is 1.275v and you've only tried Auto and 1.3v, then you have just barely tried a higher voltage

I don't have stock cooling, but it's still air cooling, and my vCore is at 1.573v (1.5125 x 104%) in BIOS

what divider are you running? is it linked or unlinked, if it's linked, what is the ratio, if it's unlinked, what is the speed?

you don't go straight from 1.3v to 1.55v... you tried each voltage up to 1.55v and see if it helps stability while watching your load temps

The divider from what I remember is Unlinked. The Ratio (this is in the BIOS, correct? as well as the speed?)

So I shouldn't jump from 1.3 to 1.55v, now? Even if I can increase to 1.4 it's like my BIOS doesn't allow the higher FSB speed. Which currently it's at

1160 I believe, I will mention that what I have done so far just increasing the voltage has made things a little faster, dispite the FSB remaining the same.

The divider from what I remember is Unlinked. The Ratio (this is in the BIOS, correct? as well as the speed?) ... Even if I can increase to 1.4 it's like my BIOS doesn't allow the higher FSB speed. Which currently it's at

1160 I believe

If you have a camera, take photos of your bios settings and post them here

If you don't have a camera, use a pen and paper to write down the bios settings, and then type them in here

You are just asking the same questions over and over and not making any progress, if you post your bios settings, suggestions can be made for values to try, but you have to actually try them instead of theorising about them