ga-p35-ds4 problem starting up.

Hey guys,

So i'm working on this new build (finally). Was up till 3 am setting my new baby up, hooked it up today and ... no signal to monitor.

Well, monitor is older but working, after I unplug it, I get the "No signal" message.

I'm runing Gigabyte ga-p35-ds4, with Q6600, and Foxconn 8600gts, with 2x1G DDR2 800 Xtreem Dark by team group.

I suspect one problem, it's my power connection. During set up I actually read the manual and did not plug in the 2x4 12V Power Connectors, since manual says "Use of a power supply providing 2x4 12V power connector is recommended by the CPU manufacturer when using an Intel Extreme Edition CPU (130W)". I concluded that heck, Q6600 is not extreme edition so I did not plug it in.

However while I try to turn it on, all the fans are working, power is flowing through everything, but the CPU Fan is not running and monitor does not turn on.

Help! Please

If not you need atleast one of those 4-pin 12v cables installed since that connection provides power to your CPU.

It wouldn't hurt having them both plugged in so your system gets a sufficient amount of power.

Edited by werty316

LOL, i'm a noob. ... but my suspicions where correct.

that's what happens after 4 years of not doing your own build ;). Thanks a alot Werty.

... now time to move my old comp out, put new on in, get dvd drive in, install all the stuff and enjoy =]

peace

Edited by lukispuki

yea i did grabbed the 'crappier' memory ;) (saved a few bucks with xmas discoutns). I figured I"ll give it a try, and it's not like i won't get a chance to replace it if I wanna take the risk. My parents computer is crappin out, I suspect mobo is going down, as it restarts during the start up about 10-20 times before it starts working. ... hence I see new computer project in the near future ;).