Turok

Kamikaze_Badger

Ok, ever since getting over my issues with TF2, I've tried to open minded about companies releasing sequels to old games...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj8cq3s7y7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbYuLG3mdb0

<--- And the movie style trailer

But I really have no idea what to think about that. I love the idea of being able to use the enivornment against your enemies and such, and the exploitation of dinosaurs... but what did they do to Turok? Since when is this Crysis with a Bow?

I dunno, Crysis with a bow and Velociraptors sounds pretty awesome...

The environment in those videos didn't really look all that impressive. Sure there's a bunch of really long grass and tall trees with the occasional bush thrown about but it just doesn't look as real and alive as Crysis. Who knows, it could just be the video quality messing with the actual graphics but it doesn't look impressive to me.

I think I'll stick with my N64 for this one.

I never actually played the original Turok, but I knew a lot of people that did...

As I'm sure you'll all agree "sometimes" leaving things alone is the best thing to do...

[Off Topic]

Now if only Hollywood would get that idea through that thick skull of theirs. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(or any other butchering of a classic) = fail.

[/Off Topic]

Turok was a fun game. Track it down and give it a shot some time but prepared for nauseatingly horrendous graphics by today's standards.

Edited by iKillSteal

I loved turok when i was a kid. The multiplayer was top notch. Story line was good. I dont know about the version for the game cube but turok 2 for the n64 was hella fun. The cheats made it all so much more fun!