Decisions Decisions...4gb of DDR2

Well, as the title says, im shopping for 4gb of DDR2 800

I will be OCing a Q6700 probably on a DFI Lan party or some Asus P35 Motherboard..

I was looking at the

OCZ 4GB 2x2gb

OCZ Reaper 4x1GB (2 sets)

OCZ Plat 4x1gb (2 sets)

OCZ 4x1gb Plat cl4

Recommendations in the same price range are fine, however. I dont want Gskill, or any other lesser brands, corsair is okay.

I like OCZ with my previous experience with there products.

Misfit, do you like work for G.Skill or what?!

I would recommend getting any of the below sets:

Patriot Viper DDR2-800 2x2GB 4-4-4-12 - 160$

Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2-800 4x1GB 4-4-4-12 - 120$

OCZ ReaperX HPC DDR2-800 2x2GB 4-4-3-15

There is no particular order here, neither are these based on personal experience or anything. I don't know how far you want to OC, but generally, the 4x1GB kits will OC more, however, usually you don't need those extremely high FSBs.

Some boards are iffy when all four DIMM slots are filled since it puts more stress on the memory controller. It can be hit or miss but most of the time its a hit and everything work. Also, not sure if you'll care or not but a command rate of 1T is usually not doable, which hurts AMD bandwidth performance bigtime, when all four DIMM slots are filled.

Alls I'm saying is I recommend a 2x2GB kit instead of going with the 4x1GB route.

For $70 after a MIR, you can't go wrong with that 2x2GB OCZ kit this Corsair 2x2GB kit.

Edited by werty316

Some boards are iffy when all four DIMM slots are filled since it puts more stress on the memory controller. It can be hit or miss but most of the time its a hit and everything work. Also, not sure if you'll care or not but a command rate of 1T is usually not doable, which hurts AMD bandwidth performance bigtime, when all four DIMM slots are filled.

Alls I'm saying is I recommend a 2x2GB kit instead of going with the 4x1GB route.

For $70 after a MIR, you can't go wrong with that 2x2GB OCZ kit this Corsair 2x2GB kit.

Well I was figuring going for 4x 1gb for the 4-x-x-x latency

I have the ocz reaper make sure your cooler or something else doesn't get in the way. You should be ok but the Gemini II cooler doesn't clear but then again it's huge.Any thoughts on 2gb vs 4gb I heard in xp it's a waste since it can't use it and I've heard 4 sticks doesn't o/c as well as 2.