Firefly

Andrewr05

Remember when I said I didn't really care for Firefly?

Well I take it all back... :closedeyes:

I splurged today and bought the Firefly DVD set and Serenity. :D

I had seen a few bits here and there but I guess I caught them at the wrong moment because these show is pretty god damn good...

One question though, does the series explain more about how everything came to be?

Such as what happened withing 300 years to cause there to be different sides?

Other then that everything is pretty straight forward...

Just sucks that Fox has a tendency to prematurely cancel all the good shows.

Firefly, Futurama, and "insert favorite Fox show here"

Edited by Andrewr05

Watch the whole series and then the movie. Doing that will give you a pretty good understanding of whats going on and what drove the wedge in. I'm sad that they canceled the series as the potential was great, but I can understand why. It was competing with Andromeda and Battle Star Galactica at about the same time.

Watch the whole series and then the movie. Doing that will give you a pretty good understanding of whats going on and what drove the wedge in.
Yea, I watched the first disc last night, so far it awesome!

So the DVD set has special features on it though?

Probably on the last DVD, right?

It was competing with Andromeda and Battle Star Galactica at about the same time.
Yea it sucks that things have to be canceled due to competing series...

Welcome to the club, Andrew. I was curious why you put up such a fight before, but I'm glad to see you've come to the light. Serenity/Firefly are simply awesome.

The series explains a lot more about the dynamics of the crew and all the relationships, but it doesn't tell much more about the past 300 years. The most real history you'll get is on the war and Mal and Zoe's part in it, but you should've already seen that in the first episode. Some of the documentaries in the extras will explain a bit about how the whole American/Chinese culture blend happened and the language, but he never really gets into specifics.

My boxset (R2) has the special features on disc 4 :)

I havn't watched it but "1) Here How It Was (Making of)" sounds about right.

Yea, I'm a n00b...

Contains a bunch of stuff on it, I just didn't read the back cover :closedeyes:

Welcome to the club, Andrew. I was curious why you put up such a fight before, but I'm glad to see you've come to the light. Serenity/Firefly are simply awesome.
I dunno really either.

I guess I had just caught it at the wrong time or maybe my tastes have changed since then? shrug.gif

We may never know...

Some of the documentaries in the extras will explain a bit about how the whole American/Chinese culture blend happened and the language, but he never really gets into specifics.
Hmmmm, I guess that'll have to do...

Yea, I almost want to watch the first disc over again to see if I missed anything... :D

Actually, it's probably best to go through the whole thing, then watch them all again. The movie gives a lot of subtle hints away (since it takes place after all the episodes), but there's still a few interesting things towards the end of the series that you'll catch foreshadowing for in the earlier stuff.

It's just so depressing to see a great show/movie like this hit only marginal success while all that reality trash on TV just continues to grow. It's a sad state of affairs...

The Simpsons
That show will NEVER end, for christs sake they ought to just call it Futurama Beta.

You know damn well it will still be around in 3000... :P

Actually, it's probably best to go through the whole thing, then watch them all again. The movie gives a lot of subtle hints away (since it takes place after all the episodes), but there's still a few interesting things towards the end of the series that you'll catch foreshadowing for in the earlier stuff.
Yea, I suppose I should watch all of the discs first, then the behind the scenes stuff, and then the movie...