Can't get Folding

squares

I installed [email protected] both on my laptop and on my desktop, my laptop has finished 1 WU (took about 2-3 weeks). And my desktop have gone through the 2000 steps about 3 times now, but still not a WU. What is going on? Also do I have to submit that WU from my laptop or does it automatically register? I installed the [email protected] client from the overclockersclub link and the one from stanford's web site.

I installed [email protected] both on my laptop and on my desktop, my laptop has finished 1 WU (took about 2-3 weeks). And my desktop have gone through the 2000 steps about 3 times now, but still not a WU. What is going on? Also do I have to submit that WU from my laptop or does it automatically register? I installed the [email protected] client from the overclockersclub link and the one from stanford's web site.

You don't have to submit the WU, the folding client will send it back automatically and download a new WU for you.

As for your desktop, try looking in the folder where you installed folding and look at the log file to see if there are any error messages there.

You don't have to submit the WU, the folding client will send it back automatically and download a new WU for you.

As for your desktop, try looking in the folder where you installed folding and look at the log file to see if there are any error messages there.

No errors in the logfile, but on my laptop when [email protected] starts up theres this prompt window that says.

Downloading new core : FahCore_0.ext

Could not download

Error: Could not download core

Core download error <#1>, waiting before retry...

And this keeps repeating even though the client is running in the background and the logfiles show no errors.

No errors in the logfile, but on my laptop when [email protected] starts up theres this prompt window that says.

Downloading new core : FahCore_0.ext

Could not download

Error: Could not download core

Core download error <#1>, waiting before retry...

And this keeps repeating even though the client is running in the background and the logfiles show no errors.

Are you using IE settings in the client? Choose no for IE.

Are you using IE settings in the client? Choose no for IE.

The IE settings aren't on, and the folding client on the desktop is just finishing the frames and starting new ones, and it still hasnt recorded a single WU.

The IE settings aren't on, and the folding client on the desktop is just finishing the frames and starting new ones, and it still hasnt recorded a single WU.

Is it counting frames? It will go from 0 - 100 then turn in a WU. Take a screen shot....

Edit: It should look like this...

Is it counting frames? It will go from 0 - 100 then turn in a WU. Take a screen shot....

Edit: It should look like this...

I've looked all over for a screen like that, where can I find it? All I have when I click on the display are the molecule pictures. Thanks for the help by the way.

Ahh, you downloaded the annoying client then ;) The "text only no nonsense" version is what road-runner has shown there. It's faster, cause it doesn't need to cripple your computer to show the pictures.

oh, hmm where can I find that version, it looks a lot more efficient.

post-28512-1198314444_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I downloaded the console version, and this is the pic that comes up. It doesn't go anywhere after it hits this point. Also is there a way to minimize this to the little tray on the bottom right of the screen?

fahpic.bmp

Edited by squares