myth or fact?

daniel

A friend just told me, i dont know whether to believe him or not.

the ATI video cards although they give less frames per seconds in game, they actually give a better texture quality, because they have better filters, such as the AA, and stuff.

is that statement true?

I generally try to ignore anyone who would over-simplify such a complex question like that. It's not nearly that simple, and it's pretty much impossible to accurately make that sort of statement without comparing specific cards from each maker.

I generally try to ignore anyone who would over-simplify such a complex question like that. It's not nearly that simple, and it's pretty much impossible to accurately make that sort of statement without comparing specific cards from each maker.
:withstupid: Not only specific cards, but also specific games. Some games perform better on nvidia, some on ati.

If the answer was as cut-and-dry as your friend thinks, that sure would make life a whole lot easier :lol:

well we were talking about call of duty 4 and he said, although the nvidia 8800 gts gives more FPS, the HD3870 gives better quality, because it has better filters :S so i was really confused...

well we were talking about call of duty 4 and he said, although the nvidia 8800 gts gives more FPS, the HD3870 gives better quality, because it has better filters :S so i was really confused...

I don't know what he means by "better filters", but I'd be willing to bet that he doesn't either.

It used to be like that years ago but alot has changed since then now they are so close its not even funny. Framerate is where you will see the biggest difference nowadays but every once in a while like Clay said you will see a certain card do better in a game then the other one.