insperion 1501

dling

I 'm thing about upgrading my daughters lap top , Currently it has 1gig of ram. It will either be going with 2x1 =2 gig of ram or replacing the 1.8 gig single core cpu w/a dule core 1.8 gig cpu. She has Vista home as the os.

Which would give her the most performance increase ?

varies by brand and model so idk about that one.

In my Acer easy as eating cake...if only the cake wasnt a lie...

In my gateway more cake for one stick, tear down half the laptop for the other one...

So best bet is to try and find info somewhere like here where there's a crapload of info and if you ask you will probably get an answer.

EDIT: From what im seeing on the internets it looks like it's an easier ram upgrade with just the need to remove one of the rear covers and swap the ram

If I remove the battery will she lose everything ?
I'm sorry , I ment like bookmarks and other saved crap. Not everything . :smack:

Nope, everything on your computer is stored in the hard drive. Ram is used only to temporarily store information. Ram to a computer is like the scratch paper that we work out math problems on (for those of us without a large enough l2 cache in our head). Are you sure you didn't already know this?

Nope, everything on your computer is stored in the hard drive. Ram is used only to temporarily store information. Ram to a computer is like the scratch paper that we work out math problems on (for those of us without a large enough l2 cache in our head). Are you sure you didn't already know this?

I do understand how ram is used as temp storage, I just have never messed with a lap top , and its my Daughters collage computer.Man ! if I mess any thing up I will never hear the end of it. :unsure:

I have the Inspiron 1501 and it's as easy as pie to upgrade the RAM on it. Just flip it upside down, loosen the screw, pop out the old memory, pop in the new, tighten the screw, and BAM, you're done. 5 minute process, tops.

I do understand how ram is used as temp storage, I just have never messed with a lap top , and its my Daughters collage computer.Man ! if I mess any thing up I will never hear the end of it. :unsure:

alright I gotcha man, just being cautious, nothing wrong with that.