2 HD 3850's or 1 HD 3870 ?

philbrown23

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schwag, I love them 9200 cards, haha I had one for the longest time...

It does what I need it to do. And with legacy drivers I don't have to worry about installing the drivers in linux. I haven't even looked into doing it with freebsd. It's not a bad card though, I got it so I could do dual monitors, but I no longer have 2 monitors, so yeah. oh well.

CLUBIT.com has 8800GT in stock. They always have them in stock also. I've never seen them out of stock.

I just checked, ClubIT is definitely out of stock on all the 8800GT's except for one XFX model. I'm hoping that NewEgg will get the eVGA 700 MHz model in stock after the holidays.

ewiz.com still has some 8800GT's in stock, if I remember correctly. I believe it was the evga one they had in stock but don't hold me to that. Pretty good prices on the stuff they have, too, and their customer service = win. As mentioned in a previous thread, my folks ordered my e2140 through them but shortly afterwards(about an hour later) there was a hardware problem on their end and it forced a decline on my parent's credit card. They called US and apologized for the inconvenience and upgraded my shipping to 2nd day express from standard UPS after sorting out the problem! :O

Edited by iKillSteal

Hi Im having trouble getting the HD 3850 (sapphire) running on XP.

Looks like driver problems. can some one lead to a good resource?

I installed the latest catelist driver from ATI still card doesn't perform well in 3d games, even in low res.

config : quad 2.4/3GB ddr2.

You've got an MX518 though Andrew :ph34r:
:lol:

That makes it all the better...

What do you got andrew?
ASUS A7V133

Athlon 1.3

640 MB SDRAM

Geforce FX5200

It was overly obsolete already when I built it three and a half years ago...

You know the setup wouldn't be so bad if I had a better model A7V, mine is the second model ASUS made (the 133) and they went all the way up to A7V880 :lol:

Edited by Andrewr05