VGA cooling from below?

privateapples

Hey guys I was looking to get a fan for the bottom of my video card. Its and 8800 GTS and it has a huge fan/heatsink that came with it but it still gets extremly HOT HOT HOT ! So I was wondering if there was a fan that I could get that I can just plug into a PCI 1 slot and cool the hell out of it!

They do sell PCI slot blower fans. You can pick them up at Best Buy for about $10. I'm not sure if it will help too much. An alternate solution is to download some overclocking software, such as RivaTuner. These have settings where you can control the speed of the stock fan. I believe it normally runs at about 60% without the software. If you crank it to 100% it drops the temp by a significant amount, although it makes the fan a little bit louder.

Ntune will allow you to adjust your Card's clocks and fan speeds and it's Nvidia's software.

I would suggest getting an after-market cooler if buying a Pci-slot blower doesnt help...

Maybe cut a Fan hole into the window/side of your case and place a 120mm fan that blows onto the video card ?

and as for the person above me. Setting the fan @ 100% doesn't make it a Little bit louder. it makes it MUCH LOUDER .....

I'm not sure really. It shut down on me twice during crysis last night...

I think you may have deeper problems if your computer is shutting down. An overheating video card will artifact (and sometimes crash the video driver) but it won't cause your computer to shut down.