tv-links.co.uk raided

Andrewr05

tv-links.co.uk raided

They raided the owners house even though nothing he owned contained any of the files, his website (which you may remember from previous threads) only linked to stage 6, youtube, and google files, they were all hosted on those servers not his...

:closedeyes:

THOUGHTS?

Edited by Andrewr05

If i could go to your link i might comment, but ill just say this...what can you expect?

Another link

Afterall while I've used the site personally (watched some old TV shows that you wont find on TV anymore) I dont really think the content it linked to made many in the film industry happy. It's also a valid argument that after watching some of the movies posted they lost money, I know i watched a few and decided it wasnt worth my time to go see/buy on DVD, while others it did the exact opposite. (I dont like paying for crap, what can i say?)

As for arresting the man running the site...idk. Sure he was supporting illegal file sharing, but at the same time he was only keeping an updated links list to such items. That's somewhat telling others that if you link to anyone with illegal content you may be arrested. Well as we all know things on the internet change and it's highly possible that a site's material will change in the future while old links pointing to it remain. In theory such links could incriminate the linking site owner, though it's not an "extreme" case such as this one so in a way it's a bad example that shows an off the wall possibility. (that is if i typed that semi-correctly)

LINK FIXED

I read that as well...
Afterall while I've used the site personally (watched some old TV shows that you wont find on TV anymore) I dont really think the content it linked to made many in the film industry happy. It's also a valid argument that after watching some of the movies posted they lost money, I know i watched a few and decided it wasnt worth my time to go see/buy on DVD, while others it did the exact opposite. (I dont like paying for crap, what can i say?)
I agree, I'm not disputing that it lost anyone any money I just thought it was ridiculous that they put the man in jail for this...

Considering that he did nothing illegal I doubt the charges will stand.

A good prosecuting attorney will be able to easily sway a jury in favor of him "providing a service to enable piracy among others" or some crap like that. Loopholes don't work well enough sometimes :(.

In the UK facilitating the distribution of copyrighted material carries the same weight, and it's highly likely he'll be convicted.

I wonder if someone could launch a counter-claim against the ISPs for providing internet access. :lol:

• 1 month later...