Weird PSU issue

So I had this weird issue, sometimes, when i'd turn off my comp. and then turn it back on, it'd get to the windows loading screen with the bar, then just turn off. and then turn back on for a sec. then turn off.

Now I tried changing ram, unplugging fans, and SOMETIMES it'd work. but then sometimes not.

I bought a new psu, a 650 watt trio trupower antec. ? any good?

i used to have a 550 truepower antec, but it's like 2-3 years old. can anyone explain why what happened, happened? I installed the new pSu and it turns on fine?

it was so weird...right after the loading screen with the windows bar would come off, bam, it'd go off?

Since it obviously was the PSU? u dont think that damaged any of my components do you? I mean i've been playing games and such fine?

thx

Well if everything is working fine with your new PSU, chances are all of the components are fine. I had the same truepower and a smartpower which were 2 or 3 years old go bad. Antec was using some shotty caps around that time. I got a 650 trio as a replacement for my dead truepower and its been in an X2 rig for a few months and it hasnt given me any trouble at all.

but I dont get why it was doing what it was doing, it'd only restart AT the windows loading screen.

one weird thing my computers always done, is when i push the on button it turns on for a sec, then turns off. then I push it again it stays on.....weird eh