any informed opinions?

since i was recently put off DFI...

what are the opinions on these?

my 1st choice is the GIGABYTE GA-X38-DQ6

the board has great reviews, and seems to be of very high quality.

the only issue i can see is the Crazy Cool heatsink on the back of the board.

i actually modified a board for a friend by sawing the heatsink in two and reattaching the northbridge section.

i will not give up my 120 Ultra Extreme.

my second choice would be the ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA

i have always had good luck with ASUS products and would not have given the DFI a chance if not for the scarcity of 680i boards at this point.

this is where the opinions would come in handy.

i know the quality of the customer reviews at newegg...

i will be willing to give up the SLI option until the 780i boards have been out for awhile, and gotten the kinks worked out.

i have to get the new box running again, so i can give this box to my son.

he has become a Crysis fiend...

How about going with the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4? That's all you need, looking at the fact that you'll be running an 8800GTX in there anyways, so why get a more expensive Crossfire chipset, where the only real difference is the dual 16x PCI-e slots, as opposed to 16x/4x?

I've never used gigabyte but I have, and currently use asus, and have never had issues os anything with any ASUS mobo, I personally would go that way, I strayed away 2 times one for MSI, hated it, onE for DFI and the bopard would not boot, I think I'll stick to Asus from here on out, just my opinion.

How about going with the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4? That's all you need, looking at the fact that you'll be running an 8800GTX in there anyways, so why get a more expensive Crossfire chipset, where the only real difference is the dual 16x PCI-e slots, as opposed to 16x/4x?

that seems like a very sensible recommendation, and does away with the Crazy Cool as well.

Motherboard Pro has 10 in stock...

hopefully i can get Mike to swap it out for the dead DFI board.