Broken Mobo = PC Cleaning Time

kingdingeling

As my BIOS flashing skills took a dump on my Blood Iron, I took my rig apart tonight. Whilst doing that, I thought what the hell, and started cleaning just about everything in that computer ;)

First, I needed to clean out some dust, started out with the front intake, as I hadn't taken off the front bezel since I had this case (guessing about 20 months)... here's what I saw:

p1040174td3.th.jpg

I was surprised that fan got any air through that :rolleyes:

Anyways, so I cleaned that off, but then saw my 2900XT sitting on the desk, and took off the cooler for the first time to apply some AS5.

p1040179sv1.th.jpg

Sexy isn't it? :)

During that, I took a random shot of what my desk looked like:

p1040180sx2.th.jpg

It's called an organised chaos :P Gives me good ideas sometimes ;)

Tonight I'm too lazy to take off the U-120X from my CPU/mobo (it's 2:15am), but tomorrow I'll do that and lap the Ultra whilst I'm at it :)

Same thing happened to me on my old Cheiftec, I ended up buzzing off that grill with my bench grinder a while back to prevent the dust accumulation (I never clean out my computer) and get some better airflow.

It's just a nightmare to get that front bezel off to clean the grill... small tabs in the most annoying places, like on the right side, it's in behind the mobo tray!... you can't even use compressed air in front because those massive fins block everything!

Nice monitor too :)

Hehe, I love it :P Silverfox has the same one, LG Flatron L226WTQ-SF :)

I was thinking of removing those grills, but then I got lazy :lol: I might have to do that though... Oh, I totally agree on those plastic tab thingys, I almost tore off my whole fingernail whilst trying to get the bezel off!

I'm glad my bezel screws onto the frame of hte case. But i'm almost thinking about taking those pink sponge looking things and trimming them down to fit on my computer. They turn purple when they fill with dust. So then i can just keep replacing those and not have to worry about cleaning the internals of my computer every 4-6 months