Sign in to follow this  
philbrown23

dfi=crap?

ok the title was just to get your attention. Anyway my dfi lanparty ut nf4 ultra-d is still doing the same thing! I hook it all up, turn it on and the onboard speaker beeps but it just hangs on the screen that says dfi lanparty. I am just out of ideas. I have reset the cmos, pulled the batt out for 1/2 hour, got a bigger psu, hooked up the 24 pin/4pin/molex/floppy connectors and still same result. I need help bad!

have you been able to decipher the beep code. Maybe this site will help, I think it uses the award bios. Im gonna google some more to find out. http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

award bios beep codes seem to be the same as these off of dfi's website (a lil old though, 2000) so I guess those are it.

http://www.dfi.com/support1/FAQs/FAQs-General/GENB052.htm

Shoot I forgot what they are called, but one came with my MSI motherboard. Often mounted on PCI plate you attach it to your motherboard and when you power it on, it will display a combination of colored lights. Find the coresponding light combination in the manual/internet and often will point you in the right direction when isolating the component that is causing the problem(won't tell you why or how to fix it unfortunatly)..

I know a solution but you anit gonna like it lol. Do what I always did when one of my motherboards gave me problems, turn it off, grab a beer, go to the store, get a new one, and then sit around a fire drinking beer for the rest of the night. (And I wonder why I have had only 3 cpu's for my 8 motherboards).

ok, well try booting it with only cpu, 1 stick of ram, video card, and keyboard plugged in. These are the bare essenials, let us know if it boots after that.

Nope Thats what I was doing I tried it with everything, then with the bare essentials, then posted no boot I'm soo mad at this stupid motherboard, I think I might just smash it one or twice. :angry2:

Nope Thats what I was doing I tried it with everything, then with the bare essentials, then posted no boot I'm soo mad at this stupid motherboard, I think I might just smash it one or twice. :angry2:

Run over it with an automobile a couple times....

Can't Rma, they don't have anymore I just happened to "luck out" and buy the last one. I think I'll take Road runners advice though.

I'd ebay it. Some people will buy broken stuff over ebay. you never know. If it doesn't hit your reserve, then ebay a video of you running it over.